Switches & 1000.2

Chavez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2008
Milky Way
I have a customer in a situation where he would need four tuners. I initially set him up with (2) 311's and (2) 211's. I used the 1000.2 antennae, but with the W bracket and single dp lnbs that led to a dp 34 switch. One of the recievers went out and a tech came to replace the reciever, but also replaced the single lnbs with the integrated 1000.2 lnb. Now one of the 311 recievers keeps getting a switch error. Is the problem the dp34 & integrated 1000.2 lnb? What is the best solution?

I know some would argue this point, but IMO integrating 2 switches in a system is asking for trouble. Try swapping receivers from room to room and you will find your answer.

I did a check switch and the reciever came out of the error, but I expect that this system the way it is will get a trouble call.

I agree.

The 1k2 is a nice setup with the dpp, but there is times it needs a 4th output. That is where D* is kicking E's butt with the SWM.

I did a check switch and the reciever came out of the error, but I expect that this system the way it is will get a trouble call.

exactly. i was gonna suggest a checksw. the system should be fine.

edit: no need to expect a tc on this. while duals are always recommended the dpp twin 1k2 and 1k4 will work practically forever with a dpp 44. they dont even make a bracket to use duals for the 1k4,you are expected to just use the integrated with the switch.

exactly. i was gonna suggest a checksw. the system should be fine.

edit: no need to expect a tc on this. while duals are always recommended the dpp twin 1k2 and 1k4 will work practically forever with a dpp 44. they dont even make a bracket to use duals for the 1k4,you are expected to just use the integrated with the switch.

But...he said the system is on a dp 34. IMO that is the problem, integrating dp with dpp, couldn't it be?

hey guys I am a DNS tech that is new to this forum. installing a 1000.2 with a 34 switch is ok as long as the #1 output on the lnb goes to the first input on the switch. #1 to top of switch #2 to middle #3 to bottom in this configuration the switch in the lnb will no longer function. in my recommendation i would use a DP44 instead just in case the customer would like to add a dual turner or a DVR as running 2 lines would not be necessary

hey guys
I am a DNS tech that is new to this forum. installing a 1000.2 with a 34 switch is ok as long as the #1 output on the lnb goes to the first input on the switch. #1 to top of switch #2 to middle #3 to bottom in this configuration the switch in the lnb will no longer function.
in my recommendation i would use a DP44 instead just in case the customer would like to add a dual turner or a DVR as running 2 lines would not be necessary

This good to know. BTW welcome to this forum & spread the knowledge. :)

But...he said the system is on a dp 34. IMO that is the problem, integrating dp with dpp, couldn't it be?

oh crap! i totally read that wrong. that will NOT work. VERY bad idea to combine a dp34 with ANYTHING other than dp lnb's. change it. it will be a tc. sorry for my earlier post.

I have a spare dp44 that I will replace it the next time I drive that route, hope that it holds out until then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)