Switching to nomal TV from Dish Network

Ringfinder

Original poster
Feb 7, 2014
Ohio
OK, I got the remote set up for two Dish Remotes for TV1 question answered and that works just fine!! Now my question is, how can I go back to my regular TV stations through the Dish remote. I used to be able to put my Dish remote in the TV mode and then hit recall and it would take me to just my TV stations. I like to watch my local TV stations to get the news. Yes I know you can get them through Dish, but mine are not included in the Dish line up..

Any help will be appreciated.

Denny

OK, I got the remote set up for two Dish Remotes for TV1 question answered and that works just fine!! Now my question is, how can I go back to my regular TV stations through the Dish remote. I used to be able to put my Dish remote in the TV mode and then hit recall and it would take me to just my TV stations. I like to watch my local TV stations to get the news. Yes I know you can get them through Dish, but mine are not included in the Dish line up..

Any help will be appreciated.

Denny

What model receiver do you have?

21.1 IR/UHF I can turn the TV on and off and turn the sound up and down and even use the remote, but I can't go to just the TV.

If you have a model of receiver with the OTA tuner built-in or a receiver that you can add an OTA module to then I would connect the antenna to the receiver.

Is this the same TV you've always had or a new TV?

Seems like a odd question but I think I get the jist of it. You want either to get to your locals on Dish or to the antenna input on the tv. Which one is it? I am not sure why you would switch to Ant. when those channels are or should be on Dish as well. So is it a guide issue? Hope I can help.

It's the same TV, the only thing I have changed is I had to buy new remotes, the old ones just wore out. I have them programed so I can now use them both for TV1, my wife uses one and I use one. We also have another TV in the bedroom that uses another remote, called remote 2.

I am guessing here but I think the new remotes are in limited mode.

I don't have the instructions but someone should be able to give them to you to change that.

Did you use the same remote codes that were in your old remote?

Also, you haven't said what model of receiver you have yet.

OK, the model is VIP 722k DVR and as far as I know I used the same settings.

Do yourself a favor and by the OTA module for the 722k receiver. That way you can connect the antenna directly to the receiver and you no longer have to change inputs. Not only does it solve the problem of having to switch the inputs on the TV but it also adds an additional tuner to the receiver for recording.

This is a no-brainer.

My 6.3 IR/UHF for the 622 will only do volume and on/off on my Panasonic plasma. Same with other TV's in bedroom etc. The input button on remote does not work for tv. We have to use tv remote to change input from HDMI to antenna. I understand the remote with Hopper is more versatile.

It sounds like the original remotes 'learned' the commands to change the TV input. The new remotes have not been programmed to do that. Just a thought...

The Hopper 40.0 remotes have an INPUT button but it currently performs the same function as the SWAP button in the PIP section. I'd like to see it changed because I watch BTN and CSN Philly on my cable a lot so I have to keep the TV remote nearby.

The "input" button on the newer (20. and 21. remotes) is set so that it should not do anything unless the white/clear TV button above it is pressed first. In order to change TV inputs, one needs to press the clear TV button then the input button. If the remote is set to limited mode, when you press the clear TV button, it will light up red very briefly, then the SAT button to the left of it lights up green.

Here is how to set (and undo) limited mode. The difference is page up versus page down in step 2

http://www.mydish.com/support/set-limited-mode?WT.svl=gsearch_results

Wow, that works so easy. I have already ordered the OTA and I will probably install it. But, Wow, this works so easy . I wish this was in the manual that goes out with the remotes or even in Dish's Manual. I guess they just want you to buy more unneeded stuff. Thanks Again, you go to the top of the class!

The "input" button on the newer (20. and 21. remotes) is set so that it should not do anything unless the white/clear TV button above it is pressed first. In order to change TV inputs, one needs to press the clear TV button then the input button. If the remote is set to limited mode, when you press the clear TV button, it will light up red very briefly, then the SAT button to the left of it lights up green.

Here is how to set (and undo) limited mode. The difference is page up versus page down in step 2

http://www.mydish.com/support/set-limited-mode?WT.svl=gsearch_results

I just wanted to say Thank You Scherrman, I bought the OTA module for my 722k receiver and WOW, I should have had this module all along. I was supposed to have received it when I bought the system, but the installer never sent it to me. But I can tell you now, it was well worth the money I spent for the OTA. It is so easy to use and was easy to set up.

Thanks Again for the information. My wife and I love how this module works.

Do yourself a favor and by the OTA module for the 722k receiver. That way you can connect the antenna directly to the receiver and you no longer have to change inputs. Not only does it solve the problem of having to switch the inputs on the TV but it also adds an additional tuner to the receiver for recording.

This is a no-brainer.

I just wanted to say Thank You Scherrman, I bought the OTA module for my 722k receiver and WOW, I should have had this module all along. I was supposed to have received it when I bought the system, but the installer never sent it to me. But I can tell you now, it was well worth the money I spent for the OTA. It is so easy to use and was easy to set up.

Thanks Again for the information. My wife and I love how this module works.

No worries. Glad you are enjoying it. It's one of the most underrated products/features that Dish offers. It just makes watching the local channels so much easier when you do not have to switch inputs on the TV. Not only is it easier to watch the OTA channels but it allows you to record them as well. This is great for those of you who like to watch programming on the sub-channels the OTA channels provide.

This is what the Satelliteguys community is all about, helping others and providing the newest info first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts