Status
Please reply by conversation.

VewDew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2004
Northern California
Hello All,

I have a question regarding an swm8 switch and a slimline install. Right now the setup I have is a slimline dish with a 6x8 switch running 8 lines into my house. I have an hr20-700 in the family room with 2 lines to it, an h20 in my bedroom with 1 line to it, and 3 older receivers in various rooms with one line to them. I had a directv tivo that just died. It was in my office and had 2 coax lines to it. I have the protection plan so they replaced it with an HR20-700. I never used the tivo in my office so I want to put the new dvr in my children's playroom which only has 1 coax run. I was looking into putting in an swm8 with power inverter instead of the 6x8 switch. I can use the legacy ports on the switch to attach 3 runs, and if I insert the swm8 switch I believe I can use the swm8 with a swm1x4 splitter to connect the newer receivers and have a swm install for my 2 dvrs and 1 hd receiver. I have read that the power inserter needs to be installed inside. Can I use the second coax run from my existing dvr to insert the power? This would then give me 3 swm runs (4 including the power inserter) and 3 legacy runs?

If this needs to be clarified to be understandable please ask.

Thanks all!

If they are the D12 models then you could switch to a SWM setup and a 8 way splitter (not the switch with legacy outputs)

2 DVR's
4 receivers

8 outputs used (only one cable to the DVR's but they are considered 2 on the outputs)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts