T-Mobile to make people pay full price for its phones in 2013

Virgin does now (pre-paid) and their prices are surprisingly lower than the same handset @ full retail on Sprint/Verizon.
I think those "manufacturers suggested retail" prices are heavily inflated. :)

edit: well, Apple may have the clout to make Tmo stick to their retail price.
I was thinking of other smartphone handsets.

Last edited:
IMO T-Mob is going to run into a problem, charging full price THEN telling people they STILL have to sign a two year contract? I don't think so. People in general aint too bright, but when a backwards hump Cajun boy like me can figure it out....<shrug>

Most of the world works this way, unsubsidized phones and month-to-month service. One way or another, you are paying for the phone -- either through a higher purchase price or a higher locked-in contract price to subsidize the phone.

It would be nice if we could pay a lower monthly charge after the two year contract was up.

For anyone who didn't read the story, T-mobile is suggesting a low monthly, with an add-on of $20-50/mo (I don't recall) to pay off the handset.
That makes it easier on the customer, and automatically gives the lower rate at the end of the pay-off period.
Sounds like a good deal for consumers (assuming you are happy with their coverage).

I just got two free sims in the mail, and may give them a try. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)