XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Apple Daily, February 6; Carrie Yu, DigiTimes.com [Monday 6 February 2006]

CMC Magnetics and Ritek may launch next-generation Blu-ray discs as early as the end of this quarter, with CMC Magnetics already in trial production of HD DVD and Blu-ray discs, according to today's Chinese-language Apple Daily.
(Source)

So HD-DVD will have more than a full quarter advantage? Wow.
I wonder who will pay all the bills at Blu-Ray - because if they will want to make you and me, the customers to pay it, they will lose this battle pretty quickly.

T2k said:
So HD-DVD will have more than a full quarter advantage? Wow.
I wonder who will pay all the bills at Blu-Ray - because if they will want to make you and me, the customers to pay it, they will lose this battle pretty quickly.

Where can you buy HD-DVD today? The article said end of this quarter or end of next month for BR. HD-DVD got held up by copy protection standards. This has let BR catch up some.

mike123abc said:
Where can you buy HD-DVD today? The article said end of this quarter or end of next month for BR.

Yes, that's when BD-R manuf will start - which part you don't understand? :D
HD-DVD will go on sale within weeks with loaded inventories - and Blu-Ray will be missing from the party for months.

HD-DVD got held up by copy protection standards.

Actually it was held up by Blu-Ray's monkey business on AACS standardisation, I think...

This has let BR catch up some.

Blu-Ray believed the same thing but apparently it didn't. Blu-Ray has much deeper problems in its business plan than simple timing - it's simply waaaay too expensive, it lacks plenty of much touted features and capabilities, it's less durable etc etc. Sony knows it very well but it won't give up, NEVER.
A Blu-Ray victory ALONE would make Sony's next financial *decade* firm and cushy...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)