tech help needed w/ sat 110 trans 7

jakec

Original poster
Feb 15, 2008
Any information would be appreciated. I currently have a Dish Network system that is tuned to satellites 110 & 119. I live in the Cleveland area and have a pole mount dish in a wooded area. My dish was professionally installed to aim over the top of the trees. My problem is with low reception that is very weather sensitive with sat 110 trans 7 & 13. This reception hovers between 10 & 12. All my other transponders on either satellite register satisfactory reception in the 40s and 50s.

Is trans 7 & 13 on sat 110 weak? Is this problem related to line of sight? I miss my HD ESPN.

Thanks in advance,

JakeC

Any information would be appreciated. I currently have a Dish Network system that is tuned to satellites 110 & 119. I live in the Cleveland area and have a pole mount dish in a wooded area. My dish was professionally installed to aim over the top of the trees. My problem is with low reception that is very weather sensitive with sat 110 trans 7 & 13. This reception hovers between 10 & 12. All my other transponders on either satellite register satisfactory reception in the 40s and 50s.

Is trans 7 & 13 on sat 110 weak? Is this problem related to line of sight? I miss my HD ESPN.

Thanks in advance,

JakeC
What kind of receiver do you have?

receiver

Receiver #VIP722DVR.

It is also worth noting that the problem has worsened since we have had several extreme wind storms here in Ohio. Prior to the wind storms, the inability to bring in the channel on trans 7 only occurred in rainy conditions. Now I can only bring it in under cloudless conditions.

JakeC

Extreme wind will cause problems if dish not tightened down properly, it could shift it slightly out of alignment. After you raise your signal strength those 10 points make sure nuts and bolts are secure. I have strong winds here in PA with two 622's (same metering as the 722) and have to realign the dish's slight every couple of years (some of these may be due to growing trees and limbs).

Receiver #VIP722DVR.

It is also worth noting that the problem has worsened since we have had several extreme wind storms here in Ohio. Prior to the wind storms, the inability to bring in the channel on trans 7 only occurred in rainy conditions. Now I can only bring it in under cloudless conditions.

JakeC

You're in ohio, so your trees probably don't have leaves this time of year right? If this just started happening it's very likely the alignment of the dish. Your best bet is to call Dish to schedule a service, or you can try to realign it yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)