Telemundo and other Spanish Networks

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Canesman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 27, 2015
Chicago
I noticed a bunch of Spanish Language channels available to my gf's hopper that were not available before in the 250 package.
Channels like Telemundo, Caracol Colombia, TVE Spain, the Cuban channel, Central american channel, etc.

Is this a free preview temporary thing?
Is this a way to appease people who miss Univision due to the ongoing negotiations the past month?

I hope it is not temporary and that these channels are somehow kept on the 250 package. I like them immensely.

Reactions: pattykay
Yes, not only services that already on Dish, but NEW Spanish language services, as well. I presumed Dish opened them all up to everyone so as certain not miss any households where Spanish is NOT the primary language (perhaps Spanish as secondary, etc. language in the household) and treat it as a "preview" for all.

I believe Dish did the same thing when they lost TVJapan (NHK service for ex-pats). Dish treated as a free "preview" to all subscribers when the new Japanese language channels was added to replace TVJapan. That is one way of making sure everyone is aware of the new service. Gotta say that it is pretty near impossible to find a service that provide the programming and its quality as NHK's TVJapan for ex-pats tastes.

As for Spanish language, sure Univision has some exclusive content, but there is much, much more competition in the Spanish language US Biz. One reason why Univison has lost some viewers and its per-eminence. That and having lost out on the World Cup; that had to have hurt it more then expected.

Yes, not only services that already on Dish, but NEW Spanish language services, as well. I presumed Dish opened them all up to everyone so as certain not miss any households where Spanish is NOT the primary language (perhaps Spanish as secondary, etc. language in the household) and treat it as a "preview" for all.

I believe Dish did the same thing when they lost TVJapan (NHK service for ex-pats). Dish treated as a free "preview" to all subscribers when the new Japanese language channels was added to replace TVJapan. That is one way of making sure everyone is aware of the new service. Gotta say that it is pretty near impossible to find a service that provide the programming and its quality as NHK's TVJapan for ex-pats tastes.

As for Spanish language, sure Univision has some exclusive content, but there is much, much more competition in the Spanish language US Biz. One reason why Univison has lost some viewers and its per-eminence. That and having lost out on the World Cup; that had to have hurt it more then expected.
Univision was part of the regular programming packages..maybe these channels will be permanent replacements

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

I think it will take quite a while, but I’m sure that Univision will eventually be back. Doesn’t affect me, for I only watch English speaking channels plus I find Univision a propaganda network anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: jollygrunt
If our local affiliate (WQHS) gets sold, I am hoping that the new owner will bring it back to Dish. I wouldn't even mind if it switched to a different network. I just hate seeing my local package be short by one channel. Maybe the new owner will switch it to Telemundo, so we could get Telemundo all of the time. :)

isn't the reason for the dispute is a lawsuit between Dish and Univision, cause i think we are looking at a dispute that makes the Disney dispute (which too was caused by a lawsuit over unlawful broadcasting of HD feeds without having being under contract to carry them legally at the time).

Univision is hurting. More than Dish, I’d say.

They want Dish to pay, and they want to compete with Dish at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

isn't the reason for the dispute is a lawsuit between Dish and Univision, cause i think we are looking at a dispute that makes the Disney dispute (which too was caused by a lawsuit over unlawful broadcasting of HD feeds without having being under contract to carry them legally at the time).

I think there was a lawsuit because some soccer games were being shown for free on Facebook. Is that what you are referring to? I am not aware of a lawsuit similar to the Disney one with the HD feeds.

Reactions: pattykay
I think there was a lawsuit because some soccer games were being shown for free on Facebook. Is that what you are referring to? I am not aware of a lawsuit similar to the Disney one with the HD feeds.
i didn't say the lawsuits were similar to the Disney lawsuit, i meant this dispute is similar to Dish's dispute with Disney and also similar to the dispute between Dish & Cablevision/AMC Networks/MSG years ago where the lawsuit being settled out of court was the only way to end the dispute. Univision want to end the lawsuit and the only way Dish can reach a agreement with Univision is of course, settle a lawsuit. which means Charlie's possibly right about this being permament.

and you wonder why the Cable/Satellite TV industry is dying, it's cause of these greedy TV networks and the nasty disputes that lead to channel removals.

i didn't say the lawsuits were similar to the Disney lawsuit, i meant this dispute is similar to Dish's dispute with Disney and also similar to the dispute between Dish & Cablevision/AMC Networks/MSG years ago where the lawsuit being settled out of court was the only way to end the dispute. Univision want to end the lawsuit and the only way Dish can reach a agreement with Univision is of course, settle a lawsuit. which means Charlie's possibly right about this being permament.

and you wonder why the Cable/Satellite TV industry is dying, it's cause of these greedy TV networks and the nasty disputes that lead to channel removals.

Gotcha. I got the connection now.

Sounds like Univision has fallen into quicksand ;)

Anyway, I agree Univision's content has gone from bad to worse. a few weeks ago, I tuned in out of a morbid interest to see El Chapo (and his escape from prision through a tunnel) , and wasn't impressed with the quality. I think it was shameful to see the use of so much foul language and the sound being muted constantly due to that.

And since the FIFA World Cups (even the Women's one next year) are now on Telemundo, I don't see myself watching it in the near future.

Today I was watching WAPA (the Puerto Rico signal) and I had the clear impression IMHO that their programming was much better than Univision's.

Reactions: Tampa8 and Pere845
Sounds like Univision has fallen into quicksand ;)

Anyway, I agree Univision's content has gone from bad to worse. a few weeks ago, I tuned in out of a morbid interest to see El Chapo (and his escape from prision through a tunnel) , and wasn't impressed with the quality. I think it was shameful to see the use of so much foul language and the sound being muted constantly due to that.

And since the FIFA World Cups (even the Women's one next year) are now on Telemundo, I don't see myself watching it in the near future.

Today I was watching WAPA (the Puerto Rico signal) and I had the clear impression IMHO that their programming was much better than Univision's.

i see in the guide some Turkey series.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts