Terk TV55 vs. the Stealth 3010

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kickor

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 4, 2003
Wilmington, NC
My neighbor uses the Terk and gets our local channels without a hitch. I especially like the Terk's low profile, but if the Stealth is better, then I could care less about aesthetics. Anyone have recommendations? Thanks.

Kickor said:
My neighbor uses the Terk and gets our local channels without a hitch. I especially like the Terk's low profile, but if the Stealth is better, then I could care less about aesthetics. Anyone have recommendations? Thanks.

I have never used a Terk antenna. Most of the reports I have read have been very negative about it. The Stealth I opted not use it. Instead I am using a RS UHF/VHF and a Channel Master UHF. I am using the RS in one receiver and the channel master in the other. Since the Channel Master in UHF only, I might replace it with the Stealth (since it is UHF/VHF and there is one channel that is transmitting VHF in my area). I just have to wait for a day that is not windy/cold.

Again, it all depends how close you live to the transmitter. I am about 10 miles away from the transmitter so I get very good reception without drop outs from both the channel master and the RS. They both have performed very well even under raining, snowing or windy conditions.

Attachments

• antenna.jpg
    antenna.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 238
My only concern is that I have a home owners association that makes the gestapo seem soft. Antennas and dishes cannot be visible from the front of the house. This won't be a problem with the voom dish but I'm worried about the OTA antenna.

I've got the same kind of HOA. My OTA attena is in attic. The cabe from the anttena runs down though the garage and out the wall to the VOOM ouside diplexer.

The FCC says you can have almost any antenna necessary to pick up OTA signals and your HOA can't say a damn thing about it!
http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

Q: What types of restrictions are prohibited?

A: The rule prohibits restrictions that impair a person's ability to install, maintain, or use an antenna covered by the rule. The rule applies to state or local laws or regulations, including zoning, land-use or building regulations, private covenants, homeowners' association rules, condominium or cooperative association restrictions, lease restrictions, or similar restrictions on property within the exclusive use or control of the antenna user where the user has an ownership or leasehold interest in the property. A restriction impairs if it: unreasonably delays or prevents use of; (2) unreasonably increases the cost of; or (3) precludes a person from receiving or transmitting an acceptable quality signal from an antenna covered under the rule. The rule does not prohibit legitimate safety restrictions or restrictions designed to preserve designated or eligible historic or prehistoric properties, provided the restriction is no more burdensome than necessary to accomplish the safety or preservation purpose.

Q: Who do I call if my town, community association or landlord is enforcing an invalid restriction?

A: Call the Federal Communications Commission at (888) CALLFCC (888-225-5322), which is a toll-free number, or 202-418-7096, which is not toll-free. Some assistance may also be available from the direct broadcast satellite company, multichannel multipoint distribution service, television broadcast station, or fixed wireless company whose service is desired.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)