Thank you Erik Carlson

They didn't mention the reason so hopefully it was by his choice and not forced by the board of directors for the performance of the company and the hack. They also never mentioned who will be his replacement. Stock is down almost 17% due to the news.

They didn't mention the reason so hopefully it was by his choice and not forced by the board of directors for the performance of the company and the hack. They also never mentioned who will be his replacement. Stock is down almost 17% due to the news.
That is not the only reason, 3rd Quarter came out today, as I posted in the Provider’s Loss thread in the Cord Cutters area.

That is not the only reason, 3rd Quarter came out today, as I posted in the Provider’s Loss thread in the Cord Cutters area.
Yeah, I figured there are other reasons and probably related to the performance and when the leader steps down, it doesn't look good as that meant either he was forced out or he basically quits. Usually it mentions when someone will step down and who will take over but in this case, none of the news releases mentions it. I don't read forums other than the two DISH forums and the Satellite Guys Support Center forum at the top so was unaware of your post.

Another CEO sacrifice, because he gets the blame for all the cord cutting. Like trying to sell buggy whips for horse and carriages when everyone wants a Model T automobile. Looked how that turned out. :rolleyes:

So like after they split from E*, now they're rejoining with it?

Given the plunge of DiSH, my guess is he just got out on own.

There would have been cord cutting in this period regardless, but this could have been made into a much stronger and more sustainable enterprise if they'd kept their promise years ago not to be just another take-advantage cable co. They could have built a stronger DiSH-branded streaming offering in the last few years. Could have mustered a stronger defense against content inflation.

Last edited: