Thank You & Which Is The Best FTA Satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satelliteremotecontrol

Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
Hello There

First things first, I want to once again thank the people of this board, who have helped me the past week. Yesterday, after feeling I wasn't going to find what it was I wanted, I thought it best to move the entire satellite to another location, and start over. After moving it, skewing the LNB, everything locked, scanned, and at a strong signal. I found and now have Galaxy 10R, with about (30) channels, (9) of which are Retro Television Networks. I am thrilled. Thanks to those who helped out.

My newest question is simply as the Subject reads, which is the Best FTA satellite out there. Using a 33" Dish, what would be the best satellite to try and lock for true FTA channels? I am interersted with Locals. Anywhere, doesn't matter. I just didn't know if Galaxy 10R was it for me, since I don't have a 6" Dish. Is there anything else out there that would offer me anything?

Thanks,

Sincerely,

AMC4 (101W) has KUIL from Beaumont, TX (Fox)

otherwise alot of the stuff up there is feeds. Stuff that comes and goes all the time. Don't know if you're a sports fan or not but there are a few satellites that have sports on them (as feeds)

You could always strap another LNB next to your G10 one so that you could get White Springs TV on 129 - lots of old movies there :) That's a good way to get more "bang for your buck" :)

Wont find too many local channels on fta, plus the ones you get wont put up their local news shows either. I think there's some law or rule about it, or maybe they just dont want distant folks seeing their news shows. Nice to be able to get some of the shows though
charles

On G10 you have ABC from Wyoming that broadcast News..
If you want Locals,go to NPS and pay $9 amonth and get 4 San Francico and 4 atlanta staions,,,But you will have to find a WHITE area for a address and you will need a DISH receiver also......JT

To answer the question in your subject line, the satellite with the most FTA (visible from North America) is IA5 (now Galaxy 25) at 97 degrees West. It has roughly 200 video channels and 150 audio channels, some of which are scrambled, but many of which are FTA. Most are foreign language (which can be fun when they are showing music videos), but some are English Language, such as Fashion Television, MHZ Worldview (a sort of alternative PBS), Russia Today (a Russian BBC in English), GNF Movies, GNF Music and others.

I used to find myself on 123.0w the most, my wife liked 123.0w and 97.0w. now with al jazeera on 97.0w, I find the motor parked on 97.0w the most.

just bought a T90, so hopefully the motor wont be turning back and forth as much, hehe.

Hello There

Thanks again everyone who has replied and supplied so much info. I am very interested with a couple of the suggestions, and will try them. Especially trying to lock in that White Springs Tv. Looks great!

I was curious though, I believe it to be IceBerg, but you had mentioned there are a few satellites out there that have Sports as feeds? I am a huge Sports Fan. I would love to know any and all info on such, if you had the time.

I also may have not worded what it was I was looking for correctly earlier. I call the channels Local Channels, but perhaps they are Feeds? I am interested with as I call Local Channels, from all over, to see what they air for shows. I have no interest with that particular channels news or what not. I am always seaching for Classic Tv. Shows, so I try to find other local/feed channels out there. You all have broken it down for me, and explained it, so thank you.

I will use this thread as I don't want to be starting so many, but I did have a question for anyone out there?

FoxNet

Does anyone know where that is located? I use to receive it years back with DirecTv., and I loved it. I do know, or at least I believe, it is limited in availability.

Thank you,

Sincerely,

I was curious though, I believe it to be IceBerg, but you had mentioned there are a few satellites out there that have Sports as feeds? I am a huge Sports Fan. I would love to know any and all info on such, if you had the time.
Sports feeds mainly are on the following
SBS6 (74W)
AMC5 (79W)
AMC2 (85W)
G11 (91W)
IA8 (89W)

I also may have not worded what it was I was looking for correctly earlier. I call the channels Local Channels, but perhaps they are Feeds? I am interested with as I call Local Channels, from all over, to see what they air for shows. I have no interest with that particular channels news or what not. I am always seaching for Classic Tv. Shows, so I try to find other local/feed channels out there. You all have broken it down for me, and explained it, so thank you.
Nah. Other than the few we posted, everything else is news feeds
I will use this thread as I don't want to be starting so many, but I did have a question for anyone out there?

FoxNet

Does anyone know where that is located? I use to receive it years back with DirecTv., and I loved it. I do know, or at least I believe, it is limited in availability.
FoxNet closed up in September. It was used for areas where cable had no Fox affiliate. Now with digital subchannels, it became pretty moot so they closed that part up. At the end there were I think 4 areas that still had it. 3 had a local station add it as a digital subchannel and Glendive, MT added Fox Denver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)