Thanks dishNet!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pete424

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Andover KS
I was having problems with my 622 rec doing random reboots and losing signals. I called dish last week on Thursday and went through the situation with one of the tech people. I had read some of the older posts in here and I was afraid they would not take care of the problem. To my surprise she said they would ship me out a replacemet reciever. It arrived here on Tuesday but I worked quite late on Tuesday and Wednesday so I didn't even open the box until last night late. I was quite surprised to find they had shipped me a 722 instead of a 622. So this AM I called to see if this was a mistake or not and it turns out, it was. They called it a shipping error and originally wanted me to send it back and they would send me a 622. I was not happy. After a bit of discussion it was decided that I should keep the 722 at no extra charge to me. Thank you dish network!

I agree, it's great to hear the good stories to offset some of the bad experiences.

I actually have a chat CSR the other day who didn't RUSH to get me off the chat, and took the time to explain the situation to me. That was a first, and I let them know that they've been more helpful than anyone else I've worked with there.

Maybe Charlie's attempts to 'improve' customer service are paying off?

I had a similar situation. I had recieved a 612 (POS) and called less than a week later and told tech support (yes tech support not a csr) that I hated it and I would be willing to pay the difference between the 612 and the 622. He checked on it and say they would replace it for free, and if that wasn't good enough, when the installed showed up he had a 722!! Turns out if the installers are out of one product they will give you a free upgrade. That was a very good day.:up:D

..... Maybe Charlie's attempts to 'improve' customer service are paying off?

One can only hope that is happening, or will happen. My own recent experiences with Dish CSRs range from horrendous to great. I recently transacted a DVR upgrade from a 222 to a 622, but they incorrectly shipped me a 522. When I called to resolve the problem and get a correct upgrade, they first insisted that while I could ship back the 522, I had now "used up" my one time DVR upgrade, and that the system would not permit a second one.

That discussion went in circles for about 20 minutes, with the CSR just repeating the details of the situation over and over, as if he was filling time until he could think of a solution, until they finally bumped me to tech support, where we were immediately able to have a rational discussion with someone who quickly understood the problem, and who was confident of what to do to override the system. She politely and professionaly set up a 622 to be delivered and installed early next week. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the switchover goes smoothly, but then again the wide variation of the field installers is another bag of snakes that Dish needs to improve.

One can only hope that is happening, or will happen. My own recent experiences with Dish CSRs range from horrendous to great. I recently transacted a DVR upgrade from a 222 to a 622, but they incorrectly shipped me a 522. When I called to resolve the problem and get a correct upgrade, they first insisted that while I could ship back the 522, I had now "used up" my one time DVR upgrade, and that the system would not permit a second one.

That discussion went in circles for about 20 minutes, with the CSR just repeating the details of the situation over and over, as if he was filling time until he could think of a solution, until they finally bumped me to tech support, where we were immediately able to have a rational discussion with someone who quickly understood the problem, and who was confident of what to do to override the system. She politely and professionaly set up a 622 to be delivered and installed early next week. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the switchover goes smoothly, but then again the wide variation of the field installers is another bag of snakes that Dish needs to improve.

Maybe you will get lucky too. Maybe you will get a 722. :D

Maybe you will get lucky too. Maybe you will get a 722. :D

It's possible. That would be really nice.

I just don't want to raise my expectations, and then be disappointed. I already have one 722, with a 500gb external drive, and I wouldn't give it up, but I think the 622 will be fine for secondary use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)