Thanks to this forum my Direct TV now works!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fuj

Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
Thanks to this forum, I was able to successfully have my Direct TV correctly installed and functioning. I'm a new customer and had the original installation done at the end of August. The first installer didn't hook up two lines to my HD DVR and I had to call back the next day and within a week it was fixed. After the new satellite went up, I had problems with one of my tuners receiving 103b. I called to have an installer come back out and fix my installation because it appeared the line was diplexed. The installation showed up at 0830 and didn't leave until 330. UFB!! I basically had to point him to everything and have him do it. If it weren't for the knowledge I gained here from all of you I would not have been able to figure out what was wrong with my setup but better yet how to get it fixed properly. I am happily enjoying my Direct TV the way I should have from day 1.

Thanks!

First I do know that most people that get quality installs aren't posting at these sites which means only bad installs are talked about thus making it seem like tons of bad installs happen all the time. But with that said it still is very funny how all the companies use the term professional installers because everytime I hear this I just giggle and have an upchuck reflex.

This is one area I believe needs tons more money put into it because honestly I believe they spend far more money with all the extra phone calls and tech visits to fix issues that should have been handled the first time. Of course all that extra money must go into the hands of the installers but these installers must be kept at a higher level as well. I think getting very good trained workers who get paid a very good wage that get paid hourly is better. Have a crew of two people with a minimum number of jobs that must be completed each week. This would prevent slacking but would also entice people to handle more work as a bonus system could be setup but the bonus system has to be based on work that doesn't result in a repair call within say 30 days that is the result of the work done.

I just never liked the fact they get paid per job and one person for each job. This is begging for shoddy "quick" work getting done. My first time as a customer in Florida showed me just had bad installers could be because man some of the techs I had were horrid and that is being nice. Thus far in New Hampshire I've been amazed at how good things have been but I could also have been lucky.

Now the above is just my opinion but all these CEO jerks look at is the cost of sending out a tech for install and they really don't consider much after that. They consider it a repair cost and never look back. I see so many times when the whole picture isn't looked at. Yes the cost per install might be much lower but the real cost of that install must also included all phone calls and extra tech visits that resulted from that bad install. I just wonder how much money is really saved in the long run compared to just paying and training that one tech much better. They save money here but they spend twice as much over here than before type of thing ya know.

While I agree, I remember the days when I made minimum wage while going to school and I NEVER used that as any excuse not to do MY BEST JOB; why, because I have pride in my self and my reputation as an employee. There is NEVER any reason to do bad work REGARDLESS of the job! They knew the pay scale, the hours and the work detail coming in, and if they don't like it (and I can see why they wouldn't) then DON'T sign on and then cop out by doing bad work! Maybe, just maybe if people would stop signing on there would develop a hiring shortage on installers, then maybe they would begin to up the pay packages..... BUT I would rather be unemployed than cop to that BS excuse of sandbagging my work. IMHO

PERIOD.

Those of you that do believe in the shoddy work ethic excuse; remember that the next time you gripe about your food, retail store or grocery store service and such! I have read all your complaints about the aforementioned.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Place Shifting DVR Content (Reprise)

how to find sateliite 99 and 103 and can i use a reegular lnb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)