Thanx!

vakero

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2004
I wanna thank the good users on the Dish Net board that answered all the q's I had.

I cancelled the Dish Service on the bases that at the end, I wasn't gonna spend $250 an a new antenna, when my reseller(US Net) should have given me the option on the 1st place to get the 5' dish at a lower price. Last sunday, the signal went down almost all day and my family was just irrate. It wasn't even raining that much. The 5' antenna would have supposdely eliminate most of the problem, but I wont even bother. I will have to settle on paying more for cable, but atleast I wont have problems with the service perse.

Dish customer service has been top notch and very open about all the problems I had. There is a chance they can waive the $240 cancelation fee since they will investigate the equipment US net is providing to Puertorican customers. But I won't hold my breath on it. Le$$on learned on my part for sure..

Thanx again guys.

Javier López

Vakero
Did you send an e-mail to ceo@echostar.com ?

If you do and explain what happened in detail, they might be able to help a little better than the CSR's. They might be able to get you a larger dish or waive the cancel fee

Vakero, sorry to see you go...

Don't know if this is possible, but maybe (and this is a *big* maybe), if you tell Dish what has happened (crappy antenna, bad customer service) they *might* let you take Skytenna's offer (4' basic installation, 5' is 'only' $100 extra)...

Or try DirecTV... Their satellite is higher in the sky (for here) so they can use a smaller dish and rainfades are not that much of a problem. The only bad thing is that you might not receive all the channels you want because they don't treat us as part of the US... :no

The CSR told me theyd be calling me to inform if they'll waive the fee or not.

I explained to them that while it wasn't their fault that I had problems, US Net IS offering THEIR service, and I'm not the only persoa who's had this problem with them. It isn't good bussiness for them what US NET did to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)