The best home theater intro!

Optical Serenity

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 4, 2006
Marietta,GA
Ok, first off, let me start out by saying I don't usually go around plugging any businesses, but wow, I've finally found a business that is run by totally great and honest people, not to mention they are truly artists. Having dabbed a bit in 3D modeling back in the day, I can appreciate effort and talent I see it. Years ago, I spent hours, no, weeks on end with my workstation in Softimage 3D, AVID, Alias, and some other 3D modeling / Production programs, and still, the end result was always junk. Pure rubbish, and I knew it...

So, all that being said, now I call it as I see it, and I'm impressed....First a story:

So I find this site a long time ago, and eventually register and actually start posting. This, after I spend many paychecks and savings on HT stuff. Well, who isn't guilty of that? Anyway, my woman (aka: Finance Committee) doesn't ever approve of anything, because well, her fave shows come in SD and it doesn't really matter anyways.

Well, she was amazed when we through a little wine & cheese movie night a couple months ago. We had our friends over, and some co-workers, and some colleagues. We wanted the event to obviously show off the HT and honestly, score us a few points...can't hurt we thought. So, we pick the movie (ladder 49!), and give it a go.

She fired up the popcorn popper, and as it turned, I pulled out the secret weapon. Not even she knew what I had purchased...

Ok, so everyone arrived, and took their seats, got popcorn, candy, and some good Shiraz...(Wine + Popcorn? Who woulda thunk it?)

Anyway, lights go dim (thanks Lutron!) and suddenly, they are introduced to the cutest little Robot! CERT! So, you should have seen my face. I was watching them (and the lady) and they were all smiling. They had no idea what it was all about, but they got introduced to Cert, and then the classic "Lets all go to the lobby" animation, and then a few movie trailers, and the grand finale: Cert Intro....

THEY LOVED IT! They loved it so much, with the custom message at the end of the intro, they wanted to see and hear it again....Rather, feel it. The sound is spectacular. My custom intro actually has DTS sound as well...and its fabulous. So, 3 times, and they hadn't gotten over how cute it was, and how much bass and how great it sounded. These aren't HT people, but also not ignorant. They are just common theater going upper middle class DINKS (Double Income No Kids) types....so, I was happy to see them impressed by something measly me had

At any rate....I was so excited when I got an email from Bitstream Animation, that I had to rush out the card and pre-order their new Tiko intro.

Now mind you, I've watched and given a fair chance to every darn intro out there, and even thought about seeing if someone could make me one. But, this one wins hands down. So, if Cert did so well, and amazed so many people, I'm sure Tiko will too.

Anyway, the best part: I'm not a millionaire (Ok, that part sucks but I'm working on it), so I was thrilled to see the prices. I was expecting this new disk to cost well over a buck and half with a custom message, and now I see its only $69!!! wow!

To make matters better, the regular message disk is only $14.99!!! Holy Magoly! $14.99 for a intro with nice professional 3d modeling + sound? thats crazy. I hope these guys make good money off other products, cause I want more of these type intros coming out....then I look around and realize they don't have that much more. I just ordered a rug / throw item too, the committee is gonna love it.

So, i put in one custom, and several regular pre-orders. I'm going to use the $14.99 disks as Christmas gifts to those I know who don't really have a HT, just a nice HDTV + a 5.1 system and are happy with that. Those people through movie nights, and well, the best part of the whole night is the intro...At least thats what so many have now told me.

Oh, here is the link so the rest of the satelliteguys here can enjoy it to:

www.customintros.com

Anyway, enough ramblings, any one else have a story of movie night intro like that? Sorry I had to come on here and talk about how happy I was to see this great company make another awesome product. I'm excited like a little kid in a toy shop.