The Case of the Stubbornly Silent Channel

Gordon Corbett

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 27, 2009
South-Coastal Oregon
Dear All,

I am a Pansat 9200HD owner who wanted a better machine. I bought an AZ Box Premium HD Plus. Compared to the 9200HD, it is wonderful. It works very slowly, but it shows me channels that the Pansat could never have displayed.

One of these channels is silent. Every attempt to give it sound has failed. When I change this channel's APID, the channel restores the prior one before showing me a TV picture. When I change another silent channel's APID, it lets the change stand, at least temporarily, and I can hear that second channel. Not so with the first one. Please tell me what I need to do to make this strange channel audible.

I wish all of you a very happy Fourth of July.

Gordon

One of these channels is silent. Every attempt to give it sound has failed. When I change this channel's APID, the channel restores the prior one before showing me a TV picture. When I change another silent channel's APID, it lets the change stand, at least temporarily, and I can hear that second channel. Not so with the first one. Please tell me what I need to do to make this strange channel audible.

When you go into Advance Scan and PID Edit, either make a new channel or edit the old one and change not only the APID, but also change both the PMT PID and the SID to made up values (make sure neither is the same as any other channel on the transponder). For example, I may use 101 as the PMT PID and 301 as the SID. This should cure it from automatically changing your changes back to the "silent" APID.

Dear Mr. Brannen,

I tried to use your suggestion, but evidently not as you would have done. I fouled up the channel I was trying to restore, whose number was 1. Sadly, without trying to do anything to No. 2, I also did something to it, and now it shows No. 1's silent picture. By sheer luck, I had written down No. 1's pid numbers, and therefore could restore its silent service. I neglected to write down No. 2's pids.

Since I finished this message, I succeeded in restoring No. 2 by rebooting my AZ Box. Prior rebooting had not worked, hence my original message; but now, I would like to resume trying to obtain sound from No. 1. I fear that explaining the problem fully and publicly would compromise our forum. I will send you a private message shortly.

And, in advance, thanks.

Regretfully,

Gordon

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)