The Coolsat has arrived.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Shawn95GT said:
Sorry about the new thread, I see it got tucked under this one - cool.

Does anyone have a site that beaks down DiSEqC 1/1.1? 1.2 is the motor control.

Ive never used the 1.1 feature on there...just the 1.0 for Diseqc and 1.2 for motor

Maybe it's because I'm using DiSEqC 1.2 to position the dish and 1.0 to set the LNB.... but it seems to work fine at the dish pointing menu.

When tuned to say 'NASA TV' the signal bar at the channel change screen cycles 0-77% and never goes green.

In the dish pointing I dial in the Transponder that NASA is on and it's SOLID at 77% quality.

If i choose Nimiq 1,3 at 91W, also using 1.2 to point and 1.0 to choose the D* LNB it works like a champ. 61.5 and 148w and the same deal, they work great. It is really wierd!

The place I got the coolSat from finally responded and are offering to replace the switch. I'm going to go ahead and exchange it even though my better judgement says the replacement will probably be equally junk.

I'm sure my DMSi one will get here before the CoolSat replacement does. It is probably a better choice for 'out at the dish' anyways.

I'm going to hook up the D* LNB directly again and verify that the chanels tune before I put too much more effort into this. They most definately did when I was 'ghetto switching' the LNBs.

Is 1.1 so you can have a switch at the dish and another at the Demarc box? That'd work out good for me :).

I think I figured out my problem... and I feel stupid now.

E7 / E6/8 were the 1st sats I scaned with the D* LNB. When I was first playing with it I had no clue as to the L.O. so I played with it until the signal bars danced... I had used 11.475.

When I cleared my Channel lists to start over clean having programmed in the E* / BEV sats via DiSEqC 1.2, I just re-scanned and was happy.

When I added the DiSEqC switch in I went back and fixed my newbie mistakes of having entered the wrong L.O. on these two sats.... little did I know that in doing so I dorked the channels that I had used blind scan to find because it better of the frequencies for the transponders etc.... Duh!

And from what I've read - 1.1 IS for cascading DiSEcQ switches... pretty darn cool! When I run my cable to the Dwmarc box I can DiSEqC in my Voom dish for E*3 at the moment... but I think I'll put the Voom dish to good use pulling in Nimiq 1/3 :).

Re-scanning with the fixed L.O. fixed me up.

Sometimes the simple things kick your butt :)

Shawn

CharredPC said:
You're so lucky... imagine a similar setup, but on a roof, using a Twinhan PCI sat card ;)

I used my videocard's composite output to feed into a vcr, used the cable output to run coax onto the roof, then extention cords to run a small tv up there. That gave me the signal/quality level (ProgDVB) on the roof, though changing transponders or settings was a real pain- climb down off the roof, go inside, swap the composite cable from the VCR to the living room TV, drag the ProgDVB window back over to my second monitor, make the adjustments, and reverse the afforementioned proccess :p

Small wonder why I get slightly irritated when after several days of this, it turns out my lnb is defective :shocked:

CharredPC

The fix for that is to run a LOOONG USB extension cable... get a wireless keyboard/mouse combo and you can do everything from up there. This should do the trick. You can extend USB out to 5 meters. If you buy a few cheap hubs and daisy chain them you can get 30 meters out which should be way more than you'd ever need. Then you won't be getting off the roof :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ok im done....

Sky Star 2 USB Receiver Review

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)