The Dark Knight

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Caught the first morning showing as I did with Indiana Jones. At least this one was worth it, and how! I will have to call it a hard-core, emotional comic book Epic. Makes Spider Man look like kid's stuff. A point in itself in that kids much under teenagers would probably not be appropriate. All the advance hype-talk about Heath Ledger was NOT undue. He was phenomenal.

so I don't need to take my 5 year old then. that was good to know that.

Under no cirumstances should you bring you children to this film.

It is a very, very, hard PG-13. The level of violence is very intense and disturbing. I'm talking comparable to a Quentin Tarantino film. Warner was able to use enough editing tricks to somehow get it passed as PG-13, but...

BEGIN Invisio-text SPOILER

...I'm suprised it didn't get an R simply for the implied result of the Joker's "magic trick".

END Invisio-text SPOILER

I just got back from seeing it. I guess I didn't realize it was PG-13 and I am surprised it was not R-rated.

Btw, I loved it, well worth the price of admission.

I hate shelling out $$$$ (I know, I'm a cheap ass) to go to the theatre, but I may have to venture out this weekend.

This film, along w/ a few other big popcorn movies (Bond, Hellboy, etc), is making it a tough summer to be a brand new dad w/ a newborn at home. Don't know when the next time I'll see the inside of a movie theater will be...

Hearing how great it is is quite bittersweet--I'm glad its as good as I hoped it'd be (Batman Begins was my favorite film of '05 and I had great expectations of Nolan and crew--plus I'm a biased Chicago guy who likes how the home town represents Gotham). But knowing I'll probably have to wait and see it via HD download on my Xbox 3-4 months from now stings more than a little.

I hate shelling out $$$$ (I know, I'm a cheap ass) to go to the theatre, but I may have to venture out this weekend.

Most theaters give student/senior/military discounts etc. It's not much, but you never know when an extra buck will come in handy.

Most theaters give student/senior/military discounts etc. It's not much, but you never know when an extra buck will come in handy.
Here such discounts are only $.50.

Shanewalker - I can empathize with you. My daughter was born in '05 so I had to wait to see Batman Begins on DVD. Having the little one plus not living near extended family for built-in babysitters makes seeing movies a difficult decision process. (I'm also a Chicago-area native so I love seeing the old home town too)

We've got a babysitter and tickets for Dark Knight tonight. Based on all the comments I've read I'm really excited!

Damn!

With all of these positive reviews (on this site and others) I'm going to have an incredibly difficult time holding until next week to see it (not my weekend with my son). Hmmm...not quite a date-flick for this weekend, is it? :p

Damn!

With all of these positive reviews (on this site and others) I'm going to have an incredibly difficult time holding until next week to see it (not my weekend with my son). Hmmm...not quite a date-flick for this weekend, is it? :p
IMHO, if I was dating, which I'm not, and my wife has no interest....go to the soonest matinee and bach it!!

IMHO, if I was dating, which I'm not, and my wife has no interest....go to the soonest matinee and bach it!!

Yep, that's what I did. Wife was not interested enough to go.
Honestly in the theater I was at, I bet there were less than 5 women out of 200 or so people.

My wife and I just got back from seeing it.

My dad went with us, being a Batman fan from the comic book days and seeing the other films as well.

I do have to say this one is definitely the darkest one out of the series. Heath Ledger did an outstanding job as the Joker. It was downright scary watching his scenes; that's how good he played the part.

Why is Block Buster promoting this movie now with posters in the store? Is it coming out in BluRay soon?

Probably because they're paid to.

Also, it's cross promotion for Batman: Gotham Knight and the reissues of Batman Begins.

Saw it tonight with my two boys, it was awesome! We all loved it. Best of them yet! Probably only one of a few movies to ever really live up to the hype. And yes Heath Ledgers Joker should live forever as one of the greatest movie villains of all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)