This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

The Hopper Channel HD on CH 103

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
I don't know if this has already been mentioned,& as usual I'm always the last to find out,but I just discovered that Channel 103 HD is dedicated to instructioning people about the Hopper & its functions. Maybe I'll watch it at times to decide if I want to go ahead & upgrade from my 2 ViP 722k's & 1 ViP 212K.

103 SD is still there with previews, This is the first time I remember different programming on the same channel.

I watched it for a few minutes and all I saw was what appeared to be a product intro from a tradeshow. Is there add'l content ?

Me too, but Charlie tells me he's retired.

Its a shame too as before you felt like you we part of the DISH family. (well before they commercialized it)

Saw it last week. There is good info on that video. In fact, I would record it (about 50 minutes), and give it to non-Hopper and non-Dish subscribers to learn about the Hopper. The video covers EVERYTHING. It is better than I trying to remember everything to say to people. Although I would prefer a more polished and concise video.

Me too, but Charlie tells me he's retired.

Its a shame too as before you felt like you we part of the DISH family. (well before they commercialized it)

Thanks for the info. Maybe we could start a "Want Charlie Chat Program to Return" list and then email to him he might reconsider! I would like to see the Tech program return too.

Yeah I agree with you on the polishing... while it was very well done by the presenter... I did feel like at the end they were going to try selling me a timeshare.

If I'm not mistaken, it wasn't filmed in HD either, was it ? Considering it's only shown on Hoppers, that's a disappointment (to show a low PQ demo).

If I'm not mistaken, it wasn't filmed in HD either, was it ? Considering it's only shown on Hoppers, that's a disappointment (to show a low PQ demo).
it was taped in hd. (Not filmed)

I use to work with a guy in television who used to get upset when one of us would say we filmed something.

Hats of to you Jonathan Shanley wherever you are!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I presumed that "filmed" implied a potentially higher quality. I've seen the arguments about converting TV shows into "HD" and many shows were "taped" and it's not technically possible whereas even 60 year old movies that were "filmed" can be because the data is in there (just wasn't exploited).

It has always been my strategery to create new words like instructioning. Anyway,this is one thing I like about Dish,their (to me anyway) customer friendliness & their perks. I imagine that occasionally watching this channel will help me in my eventual decision to upgrade to the Hopper.

Yeah I agree with you on the polishing... while it was very well done by the presenter... I did feel like at the end they were going to try selling me a timeshare.

Hey! When I saw the first few moments of the video for the very first time, I thought that's exactly what they were doing. .

About time the instruction channel got a HD upgrade.

However, I have not been able to watch it (not that I really need it), as I receive that channel on the 110, and I am not able to pick up any of the channels on the 110.