The Hurricanes are back

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
That's all I have to say about that :(

Feel free to discuss...

Yeah and today I just got an incredible offer from my Carnival Cruise Agent. $399 for a 7day Western Carribean cruise. For Mid Sept 2005.

Last year Ivan blew through and devistated Jamaica and Grand Cayman the week before I went(Sept 26). Never again!

Next cruise I take will be February! No hurricanes then...

And I'm sure this won't be the last. I find it amazing how that one hurricane did a loop and came back and hit Florida all over again and getting hit by others.

i would not book any cruises unless you could get a full refund. we are already on our fourth one this year. last year they all started around labor day. last night i started my prep by cuting 2 x 4s for my window braces. cutting plywood this weekend.

Crap, here we go again. And I intend to be in violation of the governor's order to evacuate. I don't know which is less safe, riding out a hurricane in north Mobile County or being stuck in traffic with half a million people trying to get out of its way.

I was told that the cruise ships reroute rather than cancel for Hurricanes. Only been on two cruises and this year we are doing our 3rd in the Pacific. I would go, too, in February but the rates are high then. The best time is near the end of Hurricane season to balance rates against weather.
But, you mentioned Carnival. They usually have excellent rates but the people density on their ships are slightly higher and lately they have suffered some bad press with a poor trackrecord for food poisoning. I'm on their e-mail list and everytime they have bad press, they announce reduced rates. Isn't HT cruises with David Bott doing their cruise on Carnival this year?
Anyway, I'm going mid October to west coast of Mexico on Princess cruises. I hope the Hurricane season should be over by then. Early start usually means an early end to the season.

We're actually getting some rain from Dennis here in Michiana. Twice in one year! We really need the rain, but not at the expense of those in the Gulf states and the Caribbean islands.

The tropics are VERY active. There looks to be some strong waves coming off of Africa. This is just the beginning. It was said on The Weather Channel to be unprecidented so far this season. Already six named storms. The last two in the Atlantic both set records.

Damn, Franklin is exactly 3 degrees due East of me. Where did that come from? I hope these things stay away from all of us this year. Aside from the physical damage they impose they kill our local economy for at least a week if there is a threat of them striking us. Last year they basically killed our business for the fall - a full two months of not being able to do business and when you are on commission that can hurt.

Franklin will not bother anyone now as it will be going out to sea (hopefully) unless it changes course and decides to go in a circle and maybe follow the coast line close enough. It is such a small storm though that it may not do much harm wherever it hits except for flooding.

I am thinking that there are more on the way though coming off of Africa right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts