The need to reset the Hopper...

Rogeritall

Original poster
Jul 9, 2012
Indiana
Well, my wife and I have had DISH with the Hopper for about three weeks now (love it so far), and during that time we've had to "Reset" it four times (Talked to Tech support twice). This really isn't so much a complaint I'm making, because it is a minor inconvenience to reset; as it is a question of curiosity about the number of times that I have had to do a "reset" (red button).... Does four times in three weeks seem high, average, or low?

I know it's new technology and they are still trying to work all the bugs out (updated now to S213), but I wonder if the amount of resets is too high could it be indicative of a bad (or going bad) Hopper unit.

Have others here had a similar experience?

Hmm why are you having to "Reset" so much?? Are you guys getting error message some features stop working ect?? :)

I have to reset my hoppers sometimes to show the menus to pick which Hopper I want to watch recordings on, if I want to watch recordings from another Hopper

also I have cat 5 to everything except 1 joey
You should really only need cat5 to one(1) Hopper, since S213 was out it turned your Hopper into a bridge. multiple connected receivers are causing problems. you might disconnect all but one Hopper and reboot everything and see if that helps your situation.

Hmm why are you having to "Reset" so much?? Are you guys getting error message some features stop working ect?? :)

Menu freeze up, picture freeze up... One morning it just wouldn't boot up at all with the remote, so I booted it with the power switch and it still would not react to the remote before I reset it. I called the Tech Support people the first two times, and their answer was either unplug it and plug it back in, or push the little red reset button, so that's what I've done since.

BTW we don't have any Joeys hooked up, it's just the Hopper by its self. It is set up on our WiFi network, and has updated at least two times I know of, maybe more. But, I just had to reset it this afternoon before I made this post. I was scrolling through the channel guide and it just froze, locked up tight, so did the picture feed in the little screen preview box. But, no error messages.

Menu freeze up, picture freeze up... One morning it just wouldn't boot up at all with the remote, so I booted it with the power switch and it still would not react to the remote before I reset it. I called the Tech Support people the first two times, and their answer was either unplug it and plug it back in, or push the little red reset button, so that's what I've done since.

BTW we don't have any Joeys hooked up, it's just the Hopper by its self. It is set up on our WiFi network, and has updated at least two times I know of, maybe more. But, I just had to reset it this afternoon before I made this post. I was scrolling through the channel guide and it just froze, locked up tight, so did the picture feed in the little screen preview box. But, no error messages.

Same here on Hoppers. I do a power cord reset each morning to to take care of these problems. Wish they would fix this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts