The Orville on Hulu

I remember it being tasha yar
That was just a booty call when she was drunk or something like that.

The episode I'm talking about occurred a few years later.
In Theory (Star Trek: The Next Generation) - Wikipedia
Data, an android, and Jenna D'Sora are in the torpedo room configuring several probes with which the Enterprise will explore a nearby nebula. D'Sora explains that she just split up with her boyfriend and Data attempts to comfort her. Later they play together in a chamber concert along with Keiko O'Brien (Rosalind Chao). D'Sora complains of her abilities as a musician, but Data insists that he could not hear anything wrong.

Later on the bridge, Data is reviewing the information from the probes sent into the nebula. He theorises that life might have evolved differently in the nebula because of the volume of dark matter detected. Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart) orders the ship to the nearest planet within the nebula. Data and D'Sora configure further probes, when she kisses him on the cheek and then on the lips, before leaving the room. Data seeks the opinion of his friends, including Picard, Guinan (Whoopi Goldberg), Geordi La Forge (LeVar Burton), Commander William Riker (Jonathan Frakes), Deanna Troi (Marina Sirtis) and Worf (Michael Dorn). Data decides to pursue the relationship and goes to D'Sora's cabin with a bunch of flowers, where he informs her that he created a romantic subroutine for the relationship.

Meanwhile, the Enterprise is approaching the planet. Picard enters his ready room and finds his belongings scattered on the floor. He calls in Worf, who cannot explain their displacement. D'Sora arrives at Data's cabin where he is painting. She tells him to continue, but is then annoyed when he does so, causing him some confusion. The ship arrives at the coordinates for the planet but finds nothing there. Then it suddenly appears as the ship's computer warns of a depressurization in the observation lounge. The crew investigate and find all the furniture piled in one corner of the room.

Data is visiting D'Sora, but she seems unhappy and he is acting erratically in order to find an appropriate response to make her happy. It becomes evident to the crew that the nebula is causing distortions in space; Picard orders the ship into warp to leave the nebula as quickly as possible but this speeds up the distortions. Whilst investigating them, Lieutenant Van Mayter (Georgina Shore) is killed when a distortion embeds her into the deck. Data discovers that dark matter is causing the distortions. The ship can detect the pockets at short range, but not in enough time to move out of the way. Worf proposes using a shuttle to lead the Enterprise out, and Picard insists on piloting it alone.

Picard pilots the shuttle through the field of distortion pockets. Chief Miles O'Brien (Colm Meaney) transports the Captain back to the ship before the shuttle is destroyed. The approach resulted in the Enterprise nearing the edge of the nebula, and they quickly depart. Afterwards, D'Sora reveals to Data over a romantic dinner in his quarters that she broke up with her boyfriend because he was emotionally unavailable and then pursued him because he was the same. Data realises that she is breaking up with him and explains that he will delete the subroutine. D'Sora departs and Data is seemingly unperturbed, although his cat, Spot, jumps into his lap as if to comfort him.

Strange episode....

If they are going to keep ripping off TNG I’m hoping they will do some time travel episodes or ones involving the holodeck more.

If they are going to use reruns so early why couldn't they at least have picked a better episode maybe something from the first season

Seth needs to learn Star Trek is now out of production as a weekly TV show he temporarily has a weekly show but only if he can improve on what he is currently producing.

If they are going to use reruns so early why couldn't they at least have picked a better episode maybe something from the first season

Seth needs to learn Star Trek is now out of production as a weekly TV show he temporarily has a weekly show but only if he can improve on what he is currently producing.
Except there is a weekly “tv” Star Trek show. ;)

I know. It isn’t on broadcast. But there is a weekly series show.

Oddly it’s getting better as this one seems to be stagnating.

If they are going to pick an earlier TNG pick one like “The Neutral Zone” or “The Royale”.

We finally get our first 2-part episode of The Orville. "Identity, Part 1" is slated to air next week, Thursday Feb. 21.

I wonder what kind of storyline would warrant a two-parter, especially considering how he was originally against the idea in the first season, and also how S2-E5 should've been a two-parter, but it wasn't and the ending was rushed as a result.

I can't make up my mind about season 2. There are so many bits and pieces of Star Trek I sometimes wonder if I am watching reruns. Season 2 just isn't developing into a series that can stand on it's own.

Now I know why Bortus' species is known as the Moclan: it seems any time that Seth wants to air some gender issues, it's time to "mock" the Moclan. "Deflectors" had that in bunches, which makes me wonder how the society was able to jin the Union if they are so anti-female. Maybe Seth is setting us up for a future split between Moclus and the Union based on the Moclan intolerance of sexual deviation from the norms?

Now I know why Bortus' species is known as the Moclan: it seems any time that Seth wants to air some gender issues, it's time to "mock" the Moclan. "Deflectors" had that in bunches, which makes me wonder how the society was able to jin the Union if they are so anti-female. Maybe Seth is setting us up for a future split between Moclus and the Union based on the Moclan intolerance of sexual deviation from the norms?
I'm actually getting tired of the Moclus story line ... it seems every other week we get something with them.

I'm actually getting tired of the Moclus story line ... it seems every other week we get something with them.

Well, nothing could be worse than the pissing ceremony. Good grief who is their audience, anyway?

And was that Bruce Willis voicing the talking flower?

Yeah, we've had at least 3-4 episodes already with stories focusing on Bortus and the controversies around the Moclans and their gender issues. I get it, they're trying to promote inclusion and tolerance of different ideals, but they need to move on from this since it's getting repetitive. It's like before when I said that there have been about 5-6 dating episodes as well. I know TNG had dating eps too, but because of the condensed amount of episodes per season, it's much more noticeable in a series like this now.

When do we finally get the Borg (a.k.a. Isaac's race) finally showing up to claim their superiority against humans and wage an all-out war in the quadrant?

OK: favorite episode time. Mine is still New Dimensions from season 1. 2nd favorite: Paia.

Well, nothing could be worse than the pissing ceremony. Good grief who is their audience, anyway?

And was that Bruce Willis voicing the talking flower?
Yes, it was Bruce Willis ....
Its a shame he couldn't be an actual character ...

ST or NG did the same with Kelsey Grammer (and many others I would imagine) ... he played some alien species that you would never know it was him if you weren't looking for it, even then it's hard to know.

Reactions: TheKrell
Actually, Kelsey Grammer was a captain of a federation ship from the past that appeared at the end of Cause and Effect.

Unless he was cast as an alien in another episode?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)