The Orville on Hulu

The Fox Now app needs the credentials of your TV provider. You could sign up for a free trial with Hulu for $7.99 a month(with commercials) to watch the episode, then cancel Hulu before the trial is up.
Is regular hulu still free when watching on a PC?

ie, using a browser to goto hulu.com

If not, can't you see the previous episode on fox.com?

Is regular hulu still free when watching on a PC?

ie, using a browser to goto hulu.com

If not, can't you see the previous episode on fox.com?
You are talking about Yahoo View, which in agreement with Hulu, took over the "free" viewing of programing*. I guess you can go to fox.com & watch programming using your computer browser.

*Watching on your computer browser.

That was a good episode. Also, I give credit to FOX for advertising during the preview of next week's Season Finale that The Orville will be coming back for another season. Keeps people informed who may not have known about the renewal through online news sources.

I will miss Larry Joe Campbell as the Chief Engineer though. He had this funny, yet sincere and compassionate attitude about him. Wish they could've kept him on as a permanent cast member.

Reactions: Foxbat and TheKrell
Am I the last to catch on to the name of the Admiral.... Halsy... ?

And I'm still chuckling over " I'm not racist I have several Gelatenous friends"

Reactions: Annie61 and Foxbat
This week's episode was another winner! And a nod to "Tron" as well...

I agree.

And for the record, this week's OTA recording on my Dish receiver was perfect, unlike the last godawful mess of more "signal lost" gaps than program.

Reactions: Foxbat
So only 12 episodes this year and it won't be back till next season. Too bad , my family and I love this show. We laugh as much as we are entertained by the sci fi plots that are so like Star Trek. Who knew that Seth McFarland could act as well as be funny. Look forward to seeing it when it comes back next Fall.

So only 12 episodes this year and it won't be back till next season. Too bad , my family and I love this show. We laugh as much as we are entertained by the sci fi plots that are so like Star Trek. Who knew that Seth McFarland could act as well as be funny. Look forward to seeing it when it comes back next Fall.

This could have been a terrible show and I had little expectations. You are right (mark down the time and day I said that... lol) who knew he could act too.

Some of his humor is really raunchy, but after seeing how good the new Cosmos was, I had a good feeling about this one. There's still been at least one cringe-worthy moment every episode, but I can overlook those.

Years ago, before CBS actually committed to producing a new Star Trek show (which we now know as Discovery), Seth came out publicly and said he would love to create a new Star Trek series. When he initially said that, the first thing that came to my mind was "The guy who does Family Guy which has tons of profanity, mature themes, blood and gore, etc. wants to be in charge of a new Star Trek show? God help us." But I must admit, I was wrong, and I have to give credit where credit is due. He recognized the need to tone things down to appeal to more of a family audience, and that's exactly what he did.

I just wish we were getting more episodes. In the past, typical sci-fi shows went for 20 to 26 episodes per season. Now, even though filming technology is more advanced than it used to be in the pre-2000 era, especially with regards to visual effects and post-production, we're getting half as many episodes as before. Which then begs the question, if it's so much easier and less expensive, why are we getting less content? Have actors' salaries doubled or tripled to the point where it's no longer feasible to produce this many episodes per year? Are the networks concerned that sci-fi shows that go on for 20+ eps. per season will result in a significant ratings drop? Or is everyone just being incredibly cheap and not wanting to commit to full seasons anymore?

It's this new Hollywood trend that's been happening lately, especially in the sci-fi and game show genre. Even Killjoys, Dark Matter, The Expanse, X-Files, etc. only get 10-13 episode orders at a time. Financial incompetence and mismanagement by network execs? Could be. When we only get 3 months of new episodes before having to wait 9 more... well, that's one way to ensure viewers forget about your program.

Reactions: TheKrell
Years ago, before CBS actually committed to producing a new Star Trek show (which we now know as Discovery), Seth came out publicly and said he would love to create a new Star Trek series. When he initially said that, the first thing that came to my mind was "The guy who does Family Guy which has tons of profanity, mature themes, blood and gore, etc. wants to be in charge of a new Star Trek show? God help us." But I must admit, I was wrong, and I have to give credit where credit is due. He recognized the need to tone things down to appeal to more of a family audience, and that's exactly what he did.

I just wish we were getting more episodes. In the past, typical sci-fi shows went for 20 to 26 episodes per season. Now, even though filming technology is more advanced than it used to be in the pre-2000 era, especially with regards to visual effects and post-production, we're getting half as many episodes as before. Which then begs the question, if it's so much easier and less expensive, why are we getting less content? Have actors' salaries doubled or tripled to the point where it's no longer feasible to produce this many episodes per year? Are the networks concerned that sci-fi shows that go on for 20+ eps. per season will result in a significant ratings drop? Or is everyone just being incredibly cheap and not wanting to commit to full seasons anymore?

It's this new Hollywood trend that's been happening lately, especially in the sci-fi and game show genre. Even Killjoys, Dark Matter, The Expanse, X-Files, etc. only get 10-13 episode orders at a time. Financial incompetence and mismanagement by network execs? Could be. When we only get 3 months of new episodes before having to wait 9 more... well, that's one way to ensure viewers forget about your program.
They'll probably give us 20+ episodes on season 2. You must remember that the critics panned this show so severely that Fox had to be cautious.

Back in the day, pretty much all shows has a 26 episode run. ABC kind of broke the mold by having one or more annoying "catch-up" episodes. M*A*S*H started with 22 and went as high as 25 episodes and finished year 11 with 16 episodes.

As we see now, many shows start taking breaks around Thanksgiving and some don't return until late January with old holiday standards filling in the 8pm hour.

That said, be aware that some shows are being contracted for half a season at a time so if they show a dozen or so before year-end, there may be another dozen in the hopper for the second half of the season.

Back in the day, pretty much all shows has a 26 episode run. ABC kind of broke the mold by having one or more annoying "catch-up" episodes. M*A*S*H started with 22 and went as high as 25 episodes and finished year 11 with 16 episodes.

As we see now, many shows start taking breaks around Thanksgiving and some don't return until late January with old holiday standards filling in the 8pm hour.

That said, be aware that some shows are being contracted for half a season at a time so if they show a dozen or so before year-end, there may be another dozen in the hopper for the second half of the season.
Sometimes they haven't filmed those "back end" episodes yet until the networks order it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)