The Orville on Hulu

I've noticed lots of show's only doing 13 episodes. I for one enjoy those, as it means a lot less filler and weaker episodes.

Saw a website that talked about shows that Critics hated but Audiences loved and The Orville scored a 18% critical like and the Audience scored 93% like- a 75 point difference. Good thing that they don't depend on critics for the shows that the networks put on tv.

Reactions: TheKrell
And some of television's biggest shows (Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, etc.) have helped make the trendy move to the shorter season. Same thing with the big streaming series (House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, Stranger Things).

And some of television's biggest shows (Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, etc.) have helped make the trendy move to the shorter season. Same thing with the big streaming series (House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, Stranger Things).
Which reminds me, they have the town square decked up for Christmas. I should take pictures of it and post them in the Stranger Things thread. :D

Did FOX plan this episode(12) to be the last for the series? Is Orville too successful for the FOX Network?

Last night's episode ended the season on a bit of a slow note, but then again, remember that the actual Season Finale (1-13) is being held back until next year, to be broadcast as part of the second season "...due to a gap in broadcast dates caused by the broadcaster's lengthy Christmas programming."

If FOX really wanted to, they could've aired 1-13 this year. They skipped a week in October (unknown reason), another week in November (due to Thanksgiving) and then scheduled two Christmas specials to fill the Thurs. Dec. 14 time slots (Showtime and Taraji), effectively replacing Gotham and Orville. Meanwhile, every other day next week has their regular programs scheduled. So the one day with the Christmas specials just had to be on Thursday, which was Orville's night. Convenient, isn't it?

Reactions: TheKrell
Question for all of you.... Are you too old or blind not to mention one of the best scenes on network TV in the this last episode? Ensign Terko...

Reactions: lfp302
The next episode was meant to be the series finale. Since it became a hit and was renewed, that episode has to be re-worked. So, it's now held back so that can happen.

Ah, that makes sense then.

By the way, in case any of you were interested, last month, Seth and some of the production team had a "Google Talk" with some audience members, showcasing behind-the-scenes footage of the show and answering questions. I'll link it below, but the great part happens when you jump to the 20-minute mark of the video, and you see this guy in the audience who says to them, "So, you guys do realize that you've made a better Star Trek than all modern Star Trek, right?"

I was hoping someone would actually get the opportunity to say exactly that to Seth in person. I mean, he said near the end of the video that he is paying attention to all the online fan feedback and comments, but it's nice to actually hear that from an actual fan in person. Legitimizes that you're actually doing a good job and to keep on going in the same direction.

Reactions: Derwin0 and Annie61
Apparently I'm too old or blind to have noticed Ensign Terko... :crying I watched the last episode before reading this. Can somebody please clue me in?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts