The Starlost

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
Remember this series from the 70's? I really enjoyed the story, if not the lame special effects, spotty acting, and hilarious 70's hairdos. "Cordwainer Bird", aka Harlan Ellison, refused to be associated with this series once he saw what a butchery they made of his script. It had a criminally low budget with lots of obvious green screen work.

Roku recently released it for free on their channel. But alas, Roku forces you to watch 3 ads every 20 minutes or so. One of these ads was IMHO composed of damnable political lies about America's intellectual property. Really, Roku? I don't remember seeing such brazen lies in ads on TV before. I suffered through that ad once. But the second ad interregnum had the same loathsome ad 3 times in a row! Gag. Enough of the propaganda already. Does anybody know where I can complain to Roku about these ads?

I rented the DVD's from Netflix.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Remember this series from the 70's? I really enjoyed the story, if not the lame special effects, spotty acting, and hilarious 70's hairdos. "Cordwainer Bird", aka Harlan Ellison, refused to be associated with this series once he saw what a butchery they made of his script. It had a criminally low budget with lots of obvious green screen work.

Roku recently released it for free on their channel. But alas, Roku forces you to watch 3 ads every 20 minutes or so. One of these ads was IMHO composed of damnable political lies about America's intellectual property. Really, Roku? I don't remember seeing such brazen lies in ads on TV before. I suffered through that ad once. But the second ad interregnum had the same loathsome ad 3 times in a row! Gag. Enough of the propaganda already. Does anybody know where I can complain to Roku about these ads?

I rented the DVD's from Netflix.
It looks like it's on YouTube for those that don't want to rent.

Reactions: Foxbat and TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)