Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cascade

Goose.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 1, 2004
37.134004N 76.561779W
Looks like they're having major probs this evening, videos stuttering and ending short, freezing etc.

Maybe they have a Superdish ;)

If you haven't checked this channel out yet I strongly suggest a look on G10R, they play real music with none of the MTV BS in the middle.

Easily my favourite FTA channel so far.

I looked everywhere for that link : ) , very cool its a great idea.........it will never catch on : ) I hope it does, this is the way I remember music TV, definitely way up there on my favorite list of FTA channels, long may it last, I must drop them a line showing our support!

Way ahead of ya, buddy :)
I mailed them earlier this evening.

Dear Kristian,

Hi. Great email.
How did you find us?
Please advise.

Thanks.
Best,
Jon Baum
Marketing and Promotions Director
The Tube Music Network

Cool, Its a great addition to FTA satellite, I would love to know if its going to stay FTA, thats all we need a few more key quality channels like this to REALLY popularise DVB satellite TV the picture and sound quality are amazing I have it hooked through Super Video in stereo, it ROCKS!

Do you remember The Tube channel 4 TV show? I loved that show, I like Jools Holland and The Squeeze.

I mailed him back asking how they're funded. I don't see how someone like that could stay broadcasting for long without generating revenue.

The Tube, in the early days of Channel4, back when all we had were 4 channels, those were the days.
I remember it well, wasn't Bob Geldofs ex wife a co-presenter?

Looks like we're going to get tornadoes tonight, we're under warning until 12AM, the wind's very high and I can't get any birds on my FTA setup, no Tube for me :(

I was going to say that I have lost most of my G10 channels, I thought I had messed something up but I am still getting two or three educational channels on G10, strange!

Paula Yates, remember her dad used to play the Church organ on TV before he was caught with a woman on the side : )
Those were the days right enough.
She dumped Sir Bob, and married Michael Hutchins from INXS who killed himself, then after a few attempts she joined her husband in suicide, nice cheery subject.

Wow! As long as Emu is OK! Very funny man. Roy Hudd is now on Coronation St. And Bib Monkhouse just passed away last year?

PSB - the link has been this site: www.lyngsat.com/g10r.html :D for the last month or so...

Just whenever I checked it it always had a short sweet little "no reality shows, no game shows, " etc. shockwave file like now but that's all it said in small letters at the bottom along with a "this site coming soon" disclaimer. None of the music track, clickable info links, etc. That's new. :)

I stopped watch Mtv years ago, but I find that I have been watching The Tube everyday since I first ran across it. It is the way music video channels should be.

I love prime focus dish, but you lose some signal because the lnb and supports are in the way of the signal, on the other hand the whole dish points directly at the satellite, I would love one, there is a big one dumped a few miles away from me but its in pretty bad condition..........and I don't have permission to install it......yet.

I heard that that 3ft prime was $99, of course you have the LNB ontop of that.
I think I've squeezed every last drop of signal I'm gonna get out of this winegard.

I need a bigger dish.
And a better receiver.
And....and...and...

Plus another $100 to ship it, and if its all bashed too bad! Best to find a local source for Big dish.IMO.

The Tube is awesome!

I've been watching them since they first started out with the same 10 videos...but they have really expanded now.

I like the fact they show a slate with what the video is...so you can prepare your VCR :)

Here is a brief description I posted in a past thread. I hope that channel stays around a while, cause as I said, it probably has the best value out of all the other Ku DVB accessible channels, for being free and all. :)

The general feel of the channel reminds me of Trio when they play videos (albeit less mainstream ones) in between shows. In my cable days, I used to watch the classic episodes of Late Night with David Letterman on that channel. :p

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)