The weirdest thing you have never seen.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
I was on ebay looking at satellite receivers when I spotted a videoplus vp1000 satellite receiver.
Its a c/ku analog receiver with no positioning.
12f8_12.JPG

1386_12.JPG

Note there is no place for a descrambler connection.

Here is where it gets weirder. The person said they had the dish too. Well I was expecting a 6-10 foot c band dish, but instead I got this.

GetAttachment.aspx

and this. Look at the lnb.
GetAttachment.aspx

Never in all my life have seen a dish or a receiver like this. So maybe someone can fill me on on what this was used for.

Museum piece. 70mhz I.m sure. Notice the flat - filter switch. Some had this, most had the "Comp"ensation adjustment. The VCII descrambler has(d) 70mhz input, and output that fed out to the rcvr. I have a Gillespie 70mhz rcvr that worked very well with the GI 2100E VCII descrambler.
Yes, please re-do the last pics, ya got my curiosity up about the dish and LNA.
(EDIT) wow, that was quick.

Attachments

• VCII_70.jpg
    VCII_70.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Here is where it gets weirder. The person said they had the dish too.
Well I was expecting a 6-10 foot c band dish, but instead I got this.

and this. Look at the lnb.

Never in all my life have seen a dish or a receiver like this.
So maybe someone can fill me on on what this was used for.
The links for your dish and lnb refer to somewhere that doesn't come up for us.
Something personal to you and your mail account, I believe.

Now, as to the pictures you posted later, I'd say that's a little Ku dish 'n LNBF and isn't even from the same decade as the receiver.
Nor is it likely compatible with the receiver.
If the guy thinks they are related, he's lost his mind... or he's putting you on. - :D

Thats what I was thinking. I guess he or she must of gotten those items at an auction and just thought they went together. The ku dish is still diffrent looking.

cool I got one of them on dish but I got that same receiver. I use it for my sat finder (move my dish up and down till I find an ch then go from there) It's an small receiver no bigger then a acer laptop. if you all like i can post same pics of it.

Ok didn't want to start a whole new Topic since this one was already here, so sorry for this bumping the post up.

Anyways I just got one of these Receivers today at a Yard sale came with a Small KU Dish, Receiver has a Band Switch on the back for KU and C band. Dish is around 27 1/2" tall and 25 1/2" Wide and has a sticker that says TPN on it.

Trying to find more info on the receiver.

Receiver can't be to old says Designed in Canada made in China.

Last edited:
Just googled TPN "the peoples network. LOL

Multi-level marketing scheme. The dish gave updates to new products and services. Was active in 2008. Don't know about now.
Catamount

thanks for the Info I just Googled The People's Network and in Google Images I seen the TPN logo which is just like what was on the Dish except the sticker on the Dish didn't say The People's Network. it could of at one time but most the sticker was gone all I could read was the TPN now most the rest of it is gone since I tore it off lol.

I installed the same dish in 2008 and had it pointed at that echostar satellite that used to be in the far west (140 something W). Bell used the same dish in some situations. The dish is so small that the LNB has to be circular.

I run into those. I can't rememeber what thay was used for. Yes analog. I think it was educational channels via ku band. But that was a few years back. I passed that lnbf and receiver up at a thrift store.

Josh

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)