The worst customer service I have ever received from Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smarcel0147

Original poster
Aug 6, 2011
AR
I found out that my 622 couldn't be programmed remotely after a long wait to find this out. I asked if I could upgrade my 622 (dish owns) to a 722 and they said I should get one at radio shack. I asked to talk to a manager and after another long delay the CSR said he would transfer me. After waiting for 15 minutes the phone went dead. I called back and was connected to the manager's voice mail requesting a callback. That was two days ago. I also found out that when I moved and used dish mover I was locked in for another two year contract. I would not be so upset except for the fact that I have been a dish customer since the 8 foot dish days and only had a lapse when we moved back to town and could not use the big dish. I am a firm believer that loyalty is a two way street. A manager not returning my call after I was basically hung up on is unforgivable and she should be canned. If she is leading by example, to bad for dish.

Forget about calling, contact DIRT!!!!

Bottom of Forum page. Logged in members in RED. Send a pm.

If you are going to upgrade I would go to a hopper not just to a 722. I actually thought the 722 and 622 were the same aside from the 722 having a slightly bigger HD and a built in over the air tuner and the 722K has a Dual OTA tuner option.

I think you and the dish CSR were having a communication problem also because I am pretty sure you can not get a Dish 722 at Radio Shack and have no idea why the CSR would send you there to get one

It makes absolutely no sense for them to tell you to go buy one. You shouldn't have any issue with just upgrading from a 622 to a 722k.

No you can't get a 722 at radio shack. There was no communication problem because the Customer service Manger hung up on me andwhenI called the number back I was asked if I wanted to talk with the person for the unresolved issue I said yes and was asked to leave a voice mail. I did so with my name and number. Nothing.

As an update. I called to see what was involved with ending my dish account and when I was asked why I explained what happened and was not happy. I am getting a 722k and a service call which is not necessary but the CSR said that is not how dish treats customers that have been with for almost 30 years.

I'm happy again.

Yes 30 years. Started in 1982 ( I think) with an 8 ft dish that you had to rotate to get certain channels. I don't think it was called Dish then but the same guy owned it. Maybe it was called echostar, to long ago to remember for sure. I do remember it was a pain in the you know what. over rotated once and unplugged the connection to the house. Amazing change in Sat technology. I like todays much better.

Back then Echostar only made the equipment, they also made Houston Trackers. They did not supply the signal. You had to subscribve to a package from a third party.

They weren't in the satellite business till 1996, didn't launch a satellite till 1995.

the fact that you were able to get a managers voicemail leads me to strongly believe that you did not really call dish, but a contractor/retailer. did you call the MAIN 1 800 number?
also, the 622/722 thing is a problem for dish. you have a 622 so they have to replace it with one, no way around that really because going from a 622 to a 722 is not considered an upgrade. now. if a tech showed up at your house, he would replace it with a 722, because he would not HAVE a 622 to replace it with.
you were told to buy a receiver because dish's computer system cannot upgrade you from 622 to 722, just not in the programming. so, get a tech out there, or try the hopper. it really is great.

Do I smell a troll?

Why do people go there? Maybe think it, but why post and call them out on it? Many have done this and have been wrong, only to give the image that the forum is not as friendly as it should be, and start a forum lynching for no reason.

No you can't get a 722 at radio shack. There was no communication problem because the Customer service Manger hung up on me andwhenI called the number back I was asked if I wanted to talk with the person for the unresolved issue I said yes and was asked to leave a voice mail. I did so with my name and number. Nothing.

As an update. I called to see what was involved with ending my dish account and when I was asked why I explained what happened and was not happy. I am getting a 722k and a service call which is not necessary but the CSR said that is not how dish treats customers that have been with for almost 30 years.

I'm happy again.

I am happy to see that the last agent was able to assist you and get you set up properly! :whoo: I am happy to forward feedback regarding all of the agents and the manager that you spoke with. If you would like me to do so, please send me a PM with your account or phone number and 4 digit security code!

I found out that my 622 couldn't be programmed remotely after a long wait to find this out. I asked if I could upgrade my 622 (dish owns) to a 722 and they said I should get one at radio shack. I asked to talk to a manager and after another long delay the CSR said he would transfer me. After waiting for 15 minutes the phone went dead. I called back and was connected to the manager's voice mail requesting a callback. That was two days ago. I also found out that when I moved and used dish mover I was locked in for another two year contract. I would not be so upset except for the fact that I have been a dish customer since the 8 foot dish days and only had a lapse when we moved back to town and could not use the big dish. I am a firm believer that loyalty is a two way street. A manager not returning my call after I was basically hung up on is unforgivable and she should be canned. If she is leading by example, to bad for dish.

Probably beating a dead horse here, but for the record, merely setting up and using a Dish Mover (or the latest name, Dish Move-in Deal) does not in any way lock you into another two year agreement. Upgrading your receiver to another leased receiver does, and maybe the idea was to do both at the same time, but the Mover/Move-in does not cause any sort of contract to be created.

As a Dish employee, my opinions are my own, and do not represent my employer in any way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts