They wont give me a D1000 :((

sA :: Shaggy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 18, 2005
5701 S Santa Fe Dr
I've called a number of times but i seem to keep getting the same answer "your locals have not been switched over to the 129 sat. , we can still give you a second dish" is there any way that i can get it for free other then going though dish directly. Also accourding to dishchannelchart.com my local are on the 129. :( all i want is a D1000 is that to much to ask?

wobbie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 22, 2004
Shaggy, what DMA are you in?? There are .... I beleieve 25 DMA's that qualify for the D1000 right now.

techdood

SatelliteGuys Guru
LOL. Im familiar with Sacramento. I believe there is only 1 channel on that 129 bird, KUVS a univision station out of Modesto. Well, that is just a shame. Sacramento locally has a distribution center on international drive. They won't give their customers a dizarned 1000?! I guess what seems logical for many, doesnt mean squat to the few who run DN.

wobbie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 22, 2004
I would try calling or emailing Dish again. The D1000 is suppose to be replacing the two dish system and I believe that in Sacramento you need a second dish to pick up another local channel. Here in Omaha we need a second dish for Nebraska Educational Television. Hence the use of the D1000 (Also for Voom) Could be that the CSR you spoke to insn't too familiar with the DMA's that are getting the D1000 and it is fairly new. I've been a dish customer for three years and have been a retailer for one year and I will agree that not all the CSR's are up to par on everything they should be. Keep us posted.

Mike500

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 7, 2003
Thiepval
The all locals on one dish rule only applies to new installs, according the FCC rules. If Dish can provide access to all of your locals with the addition of a wing dish or a separate dish for 129, this completes the requrement for existing customers. They will do it in the most cost effective matter to them; not in the case where you want everything on one dish.

SummitAdvantageRetailer

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 11, 2004
East Coast
The conversion to 129 hasn't started yet. If you can, do wait because it should happen soon. But if you can't wait, I believe retail price will be around $90 or so. Are you trying to get Voom on it?

Maybe Scott on this forum knows when 129 conversion might take place? I certainly haven't heard a date yet.

xan_user

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Dec 5, 2004
IMHO the dish 1000 is not really an upgrade from multiple dishes. I have only installed about 10 or 12 so far but they seem flimsy. The mast and collar tend to woble even when all bolts a verry tight. With 129's signal as low as it is i'd say multiple dishes give tou better performance (less rain fade)
I have 3 E* dishes on my roof. 30" for 110. 18" for 119. 18" for locals on 148. (Not gonna do HD till its ready for primetime!)

depending on your installation you might be able to use ubolts to mount a second dish mast to the first dishes mast.( no new holes in the roof) sort of a Y cofiguration.

superharo

Oct 19, 2005
Shaggy,
I live in Sacramento as well. I just bought my "1000" this week over at the "Satellite Guy" on Hazel Ave. in Orangevale for 99 bucks. It's brand new with lnb's included. Maybe you can try to scrounge up enough dough to get one. It's a sweet set up! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)