Thinking about BEV

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Thinking about getting a Bell supscription, see if you guys can educate me.

I'm ok with using a broker if necessary, probably am curious as to methods around that as well. Obviously once it's active with a credit card and paperless billing that is all there is to it.

I want it for networks, having lots of options between the canadian and american networks, as well as the key sports networks, TSN, TSN2, Score, and possibly Rogers. That's all.

On BEV, I figure Digital Basic ($33), the $1 add-on for West networks, and the Sports 1 / HD Sports pack ($13)?

Do I understand right that to get TSN / TSN2 / WGN in HD I must have Sports1 & HD Sports?

If I want Rogers Sportsnet, do I just need to add "More HD Sports" for $5 more, or I can add Sports2 and get Rogers & NHLNet-CA for $8, but don't necessiarily pay for both?

Essentially, I figure for the tons of networks feeds and key sports channels I'm looking at $47 / month, plus $5 or so for taxes?

As for hardware, the 6131 HD MPEG4 receiver sounds good - and can have a USB hard drive plugged in for DVR capability. This is the same as a Dish 211, does BEV charge a "DVR enabling" fee like Dish, or is it just as simple as plugging in the drive?

Can I manage the account online (assuming I get a broker that gives me that access, which I would want) as far as adding / removing programming? That would be good.

Signal reception wise I should be good, I'm only 100 miles west of Sarnia ON, I would assume their coverage is pretty solid through Michigan. I plan to use just a simple Dish 500 dish aimed at 82/91.

Please PM info on recomendations for brokers etc. I've been reading the kusat site, but don't see any others discussed for BEV.

As for hardware, the 6131 HD MPEG4 receiver sounds good - and can have a USB hard drive plugged in for DVR capability. This is the same as a Dish 211, does BEV charge a "DVR enabling" fee like Dish, or is it just as simple as plugging in the drive?

Can I manage the account online (assuming I get a broker that gives me that access, which I would want) as far as adding / removing programming? That would be good.

No charge for the external hard drive. No regular broker will give you the option of adding/removing programming online. But I do know of one that will. ;)

Thinking about getting a Bell supscription, see if you guys can educate me.
its been a while and the Bell site isnt the easiest to read but I'll try to help :)

I want it for networks, having lots of options between the canadian and american networks, as well as the key sports networks, TSN, TSN2, Score, and possibly Rogers. That's all.

On BEV, I figure Digital Basic ($33), the $1 add-on for West networks, and the Sports 1 / HD Sports pack ($13)?
correct

Do I understand right that to get TSN / TSN2 / WGN in HD I must have Sports1 & HD Sports?
correct. Also WGN is the local version, not the superstation

If I want Rogers Sportsnet, do I just need to add "More HD Sports" for $5 more, or I can add Sports2 and get Rogers & NHLNet-CA for $8, but don't necessiarily pay for both?
to get the HD version, you need to sub to both. Rogers blacks out any hockey that isnt in your "local" area (so anything other than the Leafs/Sens)

Essentially, I figure for the tons of networks feeds and key sports channels I'm looking at $47 / month, plus $5 or so for taxes?
taxes are 15% (PST & GST)

Signal reception wise I should be good, I'm only 100 miles west of Sarnia ON, I would assume their coverage is pretty solid through Michigan. I plan to use just a simple Dish 500 dish aimed at 82/91.

you'll be fine for signal. Im in Minneapolis and both works fine

Thanks for the responses guys. I understand if none of the brokers will give me access to the account online, shoot me some recomendations of brokers via PM if you guys would :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)