Thinking about cancelling

Van said:
Now for the poster, did you supply the tech(s) with a letter of consent, did the letter of consent come with any restrictions or expressed instructions as to where the dish could and could not go? If you felt that the manager should be there then why not call him to come over for the installation, this could have very well saved you all of the headache that you have faced.

I asked the manager if the permission form had been faxed, and I think I mentioned this to the tech. The tech. had questions, and I told him I could get the manager but he refused the offer. According to the manager, they were explicitly instructed on what was needed. I had no way to know if a pad was placed without having to climb the laddder.

In general the job looked unprofessional, as if the tech. was in a hurry. He left unused dangling from the over hang (several feet). He didn't clean up after himself.

My biggest gripe now is that Dish should send someone out here to get what ever they want off of the roof. The manager wants the whole thing gone, and says he will thrown it off the roof, if its still there on monday. That might damage the LBNF. Previously either DN or Direct installed another dish on one of the roofs of the complex without a pad, and it did damage the roof.

It seems like now that I cancelled my service, Dish does not want to help me in any way.

Next time, If there is a next time, I will have a copy of the concent form in hand, and I will have the manager with me.

Anyways, I think in a couple of months, I will have free direct or charter. It will be part of my rent.

Between you and me, the manage is a ex-navy hothead. I don't think he will toss the satellite. One of the owners will have a contruction worker take it down. (My apt. is owned by an investment complany).

There's a good chance they will go to the FCC if they don't get the equipment or pay for the damage.

upgrade is not a new install, your an existing customer upgrading it sounds like and theres no existing customer upgrade with a 30day mbg.

whicky1978 said:
I upgraded my equipment, I didn't sign up for a new account, and that's why they say I do not qualify for DHA.

well that is why you wouldn't qualify for the MBG. As far as your stuff on the roof. Dish wants your receivers back when you cancel, the dish isn't a big deal to them. That is why it is still up there

whicky1978 said:
There's a good chance they will go to the FCC if they don't get the equipment or pay for the damage.

OK What damage was done exactly. Damage, not sloppy work. What was destroyed or no longer functions properly?

Also, what does the FCC have to do with this? Why would they care?

Slamminc11 said:
well that is why you wouldn't qualify for the MBG. As far as your stuff on the roof. Dish wants your receivers back when you cancel, the dish isn't a big deal to them. That is why it is still up there
No, they want the dual LBNF which is worth $100.

What does the FCC have to do with Echostar Communications Corporation? The FCC regulates all the Satellite stuff in the US.

The manager says that there was a cause by the roof mount because there was no pad.

webbydude said:
If you were going to report DNS to anyone it would probably be the appropriate insurance companies. FCC has nothing to do with how well the install went.
I reported DN to the BBB. The manager or the investment company may go to the FCC because of the roof damage. The FCC has alot to do with the installation of communication equipment such as the Dish 1000.

According to the manager, the roof mount was unauthorized.

http://www.fcc.gov/aboutus.html

I'm starting to think that Dish isn't going to be so disappointed that this account was cancelled. Just my two cents!

whicky1978 said:
What does the FCC have to do with Echostar Communications Corporation? The FCC regulates all the Satellite stuff in the US.

The manager says that there was a cause by the roof mount because there was no pad.

I seriously, SERIOUSLY doubt FCC regulates roof damages. More like channel and signal transmissions.

$100 for a DP Dual? Are you kidding? I hope it wasn't a CSR that quoted that price.

Here's one on flea-bay for $20. Brand new!

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Dish-Networ...727151534QQcategoryZ32844QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I would have stayed with them for years and years probably. Like I said, I am very patient with alot of businesses. If I lived in a house, things probably would have turned out different, and I would still be with dish. But has things are, I'm tired of dealing with them, so I figured the easiest thing was to cancel my service. Now I don't have to deal with the manager or DN.

BBB will probably rule that DN made a good faith offer to resolve my complaint because they offer me a free month of service. I just didn't want to deal with anymore installations and scheduling.

The manaver called the FCC today, and they told him (per his report) since they damaged the roof, then DN can be blocked from providing service to other tennants. Also, if DN refuses to take down the dish and retrieve, then the manager/owner can take it down.

He said the FCC told him that it was DN's reponsibility to take it down, and not the tennant, and that the tennant shouldn't be expected on the roof.

If they do not come by today, the manager is going to take the Dish 1000 and set it on the ground, and I will be able to try and retrieve the LBNF.

You do know that the dish is yours, not Dish Network's. As far as damage...is it really damaged or just not like your manager wanted?

miguelaqui said:
You do know that the dish is yours, not Dish Network's. As far as damage...is it really damaged or just not like your manager wanted?

Partialy correct, the dish assembly is the customers unless otherwise stated in any contract, what is not his/hers is the lnbf(s), switch(s), receiver(s), remote(s), and adapater(s) as stated in his upgrade and or new customer contract unless otherwise specified or he/she has purchased the equipment.

Van said:
Partialy correct, the dish assembly is the customers unless otherwise stated in any contract, what is not his/hers is the lnbf(s), switch(s), receiver(s), remote(s), and adapater(s) as stated in his upgrade and or new customer contract unless otherwise specified or he/she has purchased the equipment.
I was talking about the dish itself, the refector, mast, bolts etc..they never come for that. He has already made it clear that they wanted the LNB back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)