Thinking of getting Directv - Few Questions Regarding Equipment

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gireesh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
Hi,

I am thinking of getting Directv and have some space constraints where I can place the receivers.

I have two locations where I want the receivers to be, connected to two 4K TVs. They are both hardwired for gigabit LAN. My questions are follows:

(1) Will I be able to get an HS17 + two 4K clients w/o paying extra equipment cost at start up?
(2) Where can I get dimensions of the equipment, say HS17, HS54, and client boxes that work with H17 and HS54?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide

Hi,

I am thinking of getting Directv and have some space constraints where I can place the receivers.

I have two locations where I want the receivers to be, connected to two 4K TVs. They are both hardwired for gigabit LAN. My questions are follows:

(1) Will I be able to get an HS17 + two 4K clients w/o paying extra equipment cost at start up?
(2) Where can I get dimensions of the equipment, say HS17, HS54, and client boxes that work with H17 and HS54?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide

You'll probably get more accurate answers and less heckling if you post this in the DirectTV forum.

images.jpg

I think it's pretty much a given that Dish has the superior equipment (Hoppers, etc) but that doesn't mean Direct is complete trash. Another consideration, albeit long term one, is that considering AT&T's attitude towards Direct TV and the satellite business is that they probably won't be spending much/any money on future hardware development. What equipment Direct currently has may be all it will ever have.

With DTV just being purchased by another company, IMHO, I would steer towards Dish. That being said, and a disclaimer, I personally have my Dish on pause while evaluating YouTubeTV towards being a future cord cutter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With DTV just being purchased by another company, IMHO, I would steer towards Dish. That being said, and a disclaimer, I personally have my Dish on pause while evaluating YouTubeTV towards being a future cord cutter.

Hmmm, just? DirecTV became a subsidiary of AT&T in 2015!

Not sold yet, but very close:

Private equity company that I don’t think will be working to upgrade technology but rather to increase profit margins. I could see them trying to capitalize and focus on their live sports market, especially with commercial customers and start paring the general interest channels.

Private equity company that I don’t think will be working to upgrade technology but rather to increase profit margins. I could see them trying to capitalize and focus on their live sports market, especially with commercial customers and start paring the general interest channels.

Yep. Hence my steering recommendation.

That was 4-5 years ago ... not Just..

Ummn, that post was about D* being bought by ATT .... not sold by.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)