This will probably effect us too.

Makes you wonder if all DVR's will eventually put an ad at the beginning of each DVR Event that you choose to watch and you cannot use any DVR functionality during that ad (perhaps 15 seconds in length just like they do before you watch a movie at a movie theatre). This should generate some great revenue for companies and perhaps reduce the cost of DVR and/or DVR fees and may make DVR's more mainstream.

I don't know if this will be good, it all depends if the ad will linger after you have skipped through the commercials or it goes away immediately.

It would kind of suck if it lingered 5-10 seconds after you stopped skipping through the commercials, I thought that was one of there biggest selling points- skipping commercials

I think it would definatly suck. I for one have never seen a commercial on tv and said whooaaa I need to go buy that and actually do it. I usually ignore the damn things myself so it's wasted money on advertising to me. I usually see stuff in the store or whatnot and then decide if to buy or not to buy. I can't stand commercials, hate the damn forever on station identifier at the bottom of the screen, and if they start putting pop up ads ont he tv I'll flip.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)