Thoroughly confused

mecdatlanta

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
Hi Gang,

I apologize that I keep asking so many questions. I am new to this stuff and sometimes it seems as if you are all speaking Chinese. I thank you in advance for your patience.

Here is my situation at present:
  • I have a Dish 301 system with two dishes on my roof (the 2nd was added a couple of years ago for local programming). I live in Atlanta.
  • I have a slight preference for *C, but would be pretty much just as happy with BEV
  • I will install the system myself, since it seems difficult/costly to get a local installer and I imagine all I have to do is reposition the existing dish(es) (or new dish(es)), and replace the receiver
  • I have my mother who lives in Canada and is currently a *C subscriber
Here is where I need help:
  • Can someone direct me to a site that shows diagrams for both installations with components listed? It appears that two dishes are needed for BEV, but only one for *C. Is that accurate?
  • Can I use my existing dishes and connector if I go with BEV?
  • Where should I buy the equipment? What should I buy? Can I have it shipped here, or should it be shipped to my mother in Canada?
Thanks again for your help. I am excited about getting CDN programming here in Atlanta.

Don

equipment setup is exactly the same for BEV and Dish, except you need to point at 91 and 82 and of course use one of their branded receivers.

Getting Less Confused

Hi All:

I have pretty much decided to go with BEV. I already have the dishes installed and will only need to reposition. Also, I have found a used BEV 3100 that I can purchase for $50.

My question is this: Whenever I go to the BEV web site, I see mentioned four packages, all of which come with hardware and all of which currently offer the first 6 months at 50% off. What if someone alread has hardware? Would I not get a slightly better price? I have been unable to find any pricing for consumers who have hardware and simply want to buy programming.

Don

scroll down to the bottm...you can click on building your own :)

All pricing is without equipment...

Last edited:
scroll down to the bottm...you can click on building your own :)

All pricing is without equipment...

Thanks for the response, Iceberg. When I go to the build your own screen I am forced to pick a system. So it seems as if I have no choice but to take a system.

Don

I believe the pricing for new customers is the exact same for system or reciever only.

KuSat is selling expressvu hardware again (as opposed to leasing), you can check prices there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)