Three Hopper 3's

R Patel

Original poster
Sep 5, 2019
Augusta, GA
I'm new to forum's and this is my first type posting. There is a possibility this has already been discussed, but I was unable to find something similar to what I'm asking.

Is there anyway to get three Hopper 3's on one account. Currently I have three Hoppers with Sling and 5 Joeys. I want to upgrade but was told by Dish on 9/5/19 that the max I could have is 2 Hopper 3's. I am willing to pay for the 2nd & 3rd Hopper's and willing to do almost anything to get it done. I just need exact instructions on what needs to be done and what parts/modules are needed so I can convey that to an independent installer. Thanks.

I'm new to forum's and this is my first type posting. There is a possibility this has already been discussed, but I was unable to find something similar to what I'm asking.

Is there anyway to get three Hopper 3's on one account. Currently I have three Hoppers with Sling and 5 Joeys. I want to upgrade but was told by Dish on 9/5/19 that the max I could have is 2 Hopper 3's. I am willing to pay for the 2nd & 3rd Hopper's and willing to do almost anything to get it done. I just need exact instructions on what needs to be done and what parts/modules are needed so I can convey that to an independent installer. Thanks.
Contact a local Dish installer. The third one will be on you wherever you choose to buy from, but they will help you get it connected and verified. Curious, why do you need 3 (48 tuners)?

Seeing as how a motel was brought up already. I just thought about something that makes my mind spin. Let's say we have 3 Hopper 3s and 15 Joeys. Of course the Joeys would be in the units. What happens if that room renter was to press the red button (on a 40 remote) or Options, TV Activity on a 54 remote? That renter gets to see what all the other guys are watching and even join. For that matter the proprietor can do the same from the Hopper locations. Just thinking out loud...

Reactions: NYDutch and DWS44
Seeing as how a motel was brought up already. I just thought about something that makes my mind spin. Let's say we have 3 Hopper 3s and 15 Joeys. Of course the Joeys would be in the units. What happens if that room renter was to press the red button (on a 40 remote) or Options, TV Activity on a 54 remote? That renter gets to see what all the other guys are watching and even join. For that matter the proprietor can do the same from the Hopper locations. Just thinking out loud...
The best choice for a motel is a smart box

And if it were a motel, wouldn't Dish or an authorized installer be required to set this up on a commercial account? The real heart of the matter of Commercial vs. Residential are the rights granted to the MVNO's specifically for Commercial customers (and MDU's) vs. Residential consumers, for which an MVNO can be found in violation of agreements with the media companies--and the difference in cost and packages to the business vs. the consumer.

I would imagine Dish would be suspecious of any residential account needing three H3's, hence the maximum of two H3's per residential account. Of course, Dish would probably allow H3's at one residence if the 3rd H3 were on a seperate account. Of course, using a local retailer for this install could provide the OP with exactly what he wants.

Reactions: NYDutch and HipKat
Or what I did with 15 wallys the other day..
MVIMG_20190903_162941.jpeg
MVIMG_20190903_131806.jpeg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)