Tight spaces

mfoster711

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
College Station, Tx
I just installed a DPP44 switch. I placed it in my home wiring cabinet. As you can see, it is a pretty tight fit. Any concerns with heat? I felt the DPP44, Duo Node and power brick and all of them are pretty cool to the touch and they don't see to product much heat.

Any other concerns you see with my setup?

276ca40.jpg

Investing in compression tool and fittings would not hurt either. At least with any fittings that may be exposed to the elements. Otherwise looks pretty good.

Reactions: Troch77
Couple things. The loops are too small. 4" is the minimum....
Change out the connectors. Eventually, the cable will slip out of those old compression fittings

Investing in compression tool and fittings would not hurt either. At least with any fittings that may be exposed to the elements. Otherwise looks pretty good.
Its on my list for future purchase.

I agree. If that's a cable modem and it is like my neighbor's, that thing gets really hot. The neighbor had several die so far.
Surprisingly, the modem doesn't get that hot. I have had the modem in that cabinet for years.

Couple things. The loops are too small. 4" is the minimum....
Change out the connectors. Eventually, the cable will slip out of those old compression fittings
Good advice, I didn't know that.

Overall, as long as this setup works for the next year I will be fine. I will eventually go with a Hopper 3 and when I do it will require a two dish setup to support the 211z so the DPP44 will no longer be used.

Was going to ask why you need the DPP44 but since you mentioned the 211 I can see why.

It's not perfect but I can't see it giving up the ghost in less than a year either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts