TimeTrax Recast Beta 1.3.58 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

dserianni

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
Hey Guys,

Sorry to move things around like this but we felt that we should keep the sticky to announce the program separate from the feedback on the versions.

I will also open new threads and close old ones for when new versions are released so that we can all be on the same page.

This should make it easier for all of us.

We plan on using the Public Beta Program in place for all future releases.

Derek

Is this the place for comments? Assuming so, my Recast Online seems to never refresh or update what's playint. It is currently playing, displaying the song about four or five ago, waiting for the next song to record, and I cannot change channels. Actually, all hitting any option gives me is a little "ding".

We welcome all feedback on the new beta and this thread can remain open till the next beta is released.

So that we don't stumble over different versions I will open a new thread each time a beta is released.

Derek

awillc said:
Is this the place for comments? Assuming so, my Recast Online seems to never refresh or update what's playint. It is currently playing, displaying the song about four or five ago, waiting for the next song to record, and I cannot change channels. Actually, all hitting any option gives me is a little "ding".

Thanks for the feedback.

Let's get some info to further help us investigate this issue.

1) What type of internet connection do you have?

2) Are you running any type of Anti-Virus with Worm Protection, or Firewall?

3) Do all choices in the software give you the "ding" are you sure that there are no hidden windows open?

4) Can you confirm that the directory where you are storing the files is valid and that your naming convention is valid?

Thanks

Derek

DSL connection (have tried both low and high speed connection with the same results). Antivirus is a commercial F-Prot. When it locks up, the radio keeps going - but the info never changes. The channel listing will come up but you can't change to any other channel (none of the titles in the channel listing change either), the VU meter is stuck at about 20%, and the record option continues to "wait for next song" through unlimited song changes. No hidden windows, directory and naming convention are all OK.

After the installation, I had a similar problem with the display (artist/song etc) not updating after multiple songs were played.

This was using regular Recast, but configured to get the tag info from XM online.

After closing TT, then restarting, it seemed to work properly.

I have it running a test today and will have a better idea of how it is working when I get home from work later.

BTW I am running XP pro with a DSL connection.

I am also using symantic anti-virus (which I fully intend to keep it that way).

I also have a hardware firewall.

Dan

I have been running the beta for about an hour, and so far (knock on wood) everything has been good. :)

However here is a suggestion for a future version, I would like to see the Regular TimeTrax recast program also list the online exclusives and AOL channels and allow me to tune into them without exiting and runing Recast Online.

Perhaps make it so it will only show the online exclusive channels if it detects a internet connection at startup.

There are times I would love to listen to Special X on XM Channel 30 (Online only) but I find it a pain to exit recast to go into recast online. And I dont want to eat internet bandwidth at the office listening to channels I can get off the satellite.

Thanks for a great product.

I have tried the beta on my W2K machine at work and I am afraid I have to report the same result as the last 2 or 3 versions.

The program starts and then crashes (message was TT has generated errors and will be closed by windows).

I have tried starting in debug mode, but the error log does not really seem to show much.

Dan

pizzaguy said:
I have tried the beta on my W2K machine at work and I am afraid I have to report the same result as the last 2 or 3 versions.

The program starts and then crashes (message was TT has generated errors and will be closed by windows).

I have tried starting in debug mode, but the error log does not really seem to show much.

Dan

Dan,

Can you send the debug to: bugreports@timetraxtech.com

We are reporting positive feedback from all our other W2K users with the beta release.

I am curious if it is isolated to your PC and there is something we can do to make it work for you.....

Thanks

Derek

awillc said:
DSL connection (have tried both low and high speed connection with the same results). Antivirus is a commercial F-Prot. When it locks up, the radio keeps going - but the info never changes. The channel listing will come up but you can't change to any other channel (none of the titles in the channel listing change either), the VU meter is stuck at about 20%, and the record option continues to "wait for next song" through unlimited song changes. No hidden windows, directory and naming convention are all OK.

I will admit that I am not familiar with F-Prot so pardon my next comments if they do not apply.

We are finding that with some users the use of certain Anti-Virus programs that block for worms and have built in firewall protection cause a hick-up with TimeTrax.

This also goes to say that stand alone software firewalls cause a problem too.

What needs to be done is that if a user wishes to use the XM-Online features (either for the streaming or just for the channel info) you need to make TimeTrax a "Trusted Application". This is true for the Windows Firewall too.

If you could double check this for me and let me know I would appreciate it.

Something else you can do is:

1) Uninstall all versions of TT from your machine

2) Use the cleaning util from our website and make sure it is completely wiped out

3) Install the beta version

Derek

Beta 1.3 with Windows 2000

I uninstalled, used the cleaner, and installed the beta
I have DSL through a router, no firewall, no antivirus, and the save directory is valid.

xm online data, skins, and sound are ok.
The recording clock never moves off of 00:00:00 so no songs ever record.
The registration key I was given (again) is invalid/not in the database.

I have spent a lot of time trying to get this program to work.
I can't believe I paid money for it.

Bob

Bob,

I understand your fustration.

Would you be willing to send me a copy of your recording log and a debug?

(If you don't know how to do a debug there are instruction in the documentation on how to do it)

They can be e-mailed to: bugreports@timetraxtech.com

Be sure to put in the message the nature of the problem so that I can keep track of it.

Thanks

Derek

Beta works but

I have loaded the newest beta and it is working very well for me but I orginally purchased your software to take advantage of using my sat radio not the internet. I have a 56 k connection and limited useage. It is not practical for me to have my connection to the internet on at all times I want to listen to the radio. At some point are you going to make a new version that will allow for optional internet connectivity.

Thank you for your recent fixes to this beta. No problems with it yet at all. XP home, Norton antivirus, avg antivirus, turtle beach catalina sound card

rrlaborde said:
I have loaded the newest beta and it is working very well for me but I orginally purchased your software to take advantage of using my sat radio not the internet. I have a 56 k connection and limited useage. It is not practical for me to have my connection to the internet on at all times I want to listen to the radio. At some point are you going to make a new version that will allow for optional internet connectivity.

Thank you for your recent fixes to this beta. No problems with it yet at all. XP home, Norton antivirus, avg antivirus, turtle beach catalina sound card

With the release of recast it requires Internet access to support some of new included advanced features as well as future planned services and features.

We are curently exploring the possibility of allowing users to opt out of the advanced features thereby eliminating the requirement of Internet access - although this is not a current option and if it is possible it will not become available until our next major revision release (whole number increment).

Derek

Just noticed this morning (for the second time) that the album info has disappeared from that particular column in the channel listing.

A few of the stations were still displaying this information, but most were not.

I checked the XM online player, and it WAS broadcasting this information.

Dan

Incredible expanding window

Got a bug from the latest version (also existed in earlier ReCast releases). The main window keeps getting bigger and bigger throughout the day. I've attached a picture of it after just a couple of hours. I'm not sure if the problem is triggered by focus changes, minimize/maximise cycles, or what. I just know that if I leave it on all day, it eventually will grow much larger than shown in the image.

Also, just as a side-note, the grab list feature is incredibly counter intuitive. If one were to go by the name, one would think that it sits there watching the songs and making sure that it records anything that matches the criteria. In other words, if I were to add a Grab item for the band 'Yes', I would expect it to catch any 'Yes' songs that come up, no matter what else is going on.

I would _not_ expect it to exclude anything other than 'Yes' songs. While that's a useful feature, it's not what I'm looking for in a Grab list. Maybe you should split it off into another feature - a Grab list (grabs the songs), a Filter list (excludes everything except...) and a Kill list.

Attachments

• ttscreen.jpg
    ttscreen.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 266
OK, just a followup on my earlier "expanding window" post. I've nailed it down to minimizing the window, then expanding it. It appears that the window size calculations don't handle the "owner drawn" border correctly. When you minimize, it counts it as part of the "main" window. When you maximize, it draws the main window to that size (previous main + owner drawn border), then adds the owner drawn border to the bottom.

Rinse, repeat, and you end up with this:

Attachments

• ttscreen1.jpg
    ttscreen1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 231
I have experienced a different problem a few times now.

I am not sure if my internet connection went down or not, but TT has stopped running due to "server validation error encountered REG303".

I understand that loss of connection would result in the album info and full tag name function not working, but should it cause the program to crash?

Is there a VALID reason for ALWAYS needing the connection if someone is really not worried about the album info?

BTW: A little more info on the disappearance of the album info.

I tried an experiment yesterday and found that if I unplugged my internet connection (long enough for the album info to disappear), the info would never return even though I reconnected.

The only way I could get the album info to reappear, was to shut down TT and cycle the power to my radio.

Don't know if there is a way to make this happen automatically if TT senses a loss of connection (especially cycle the power on the radio), but it would be a very practical feature to allow the program to continue running (but just not record). Upon detection of the internet, the program could resume recording. I also think it would be nice to allow one to disregard the loss of connection and continue recording (configurable).

I have experienced a different problem a few times now.

I am not sure if my internet connection went down or not, but TT has stopped running due to "server validation error encountered REG303".

I understand that loss of connection would result in the album info and full tag name function not working, but should it cause the program to crash?

Is there a VALID reason for ALWAYS needing the connection if someone is really not worried about the album info?

BTW: A little more info on the disappearance of the album info.

I tried an experiment yesterday and found that if I unplugged my internet connection (long enough for the album info to disappear), the info would never return even though I reconnected.

The only way I could get the album info to reappear, was to shut down TT and cycle the power to my radio.

Don't know if there is a way to make this happen automatically if TT senses a loss of connection (especially cycle the power on the radio), but it would be a very practical feature to allow the program to continue running (but just not record). Upon detection of the internet, the program could resume recording. I also think it would be nice to allow one to disregard the loss of connection and continue recording (configurable).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)