TIP - iPod/iTunes (setting bookmarks)

PhuckNut

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
I just purchased an iPod and while I have been using other MP3 players for about 7 years I just got an iPod.
I record the Opie & Anthony show and these shows sometimes go on for an hour to an hour and a half. I was having trouble with the iPod cuz my other mp3 player bookmarked EVERYTHING played. The iPod was only bookmarking audio books.
So, after some digging, I found that if you RIGHT click the file in iTunes, and choose GET INFO and then choose the 'options' tab (sometimes it defaults to it sometimes it does not) there is a check box for 'Remember playback position'
WOW - what a life saver - I was getting so aggravated. So, now, where my other MP3 player used to reset the bookmark after you bookmarked another song, the iPod will bookmark ALL tracks that are checked with this option and thats nice :)
Not sure if this is new news to anyone, it bothered me so much that I am just happy to find it and, well, I wanted to SHARE :)
Have a happy new year!!!

Glad it could help... I have yet to really see it posted in the ipod forums so I assume they all know it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts