Titanfall Beta

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
Anyone else get into the Beta? I have my code but I won't be able to play until tomorrow.

It's working again, but I haven't had time because there's a definite inverse relationship between how much I can play games and how awake my children are. Hopefully I can get to some playing tonight, assuming the damn thing doesn't crash again.

I watched the IGN live stream of the Beta for about 15 minutes last night. I still haven't been invited to join but it looked interesting enough that I want to play. I picked the Xbox One version of the beta because that's the one my friends will be buying this spring. I'm wondering if I would have had better luck applying for the PC version though.

Just got my beta code for Xbox One. I'll probably be playing quite a bit for the rest of the weekend

Well here's my impressions of the game..

Basically, it looks like EA has a winner on it's hands. Seems like it was worth all the ugly lawsuits and haggle to get those guys away from Infinity Ward to work for EA. The mix of mech and on foot combat makes a different yet familiar feel. I don't see myself investing a ton of time on this beta simply because I'm not in a twitchy FPS mood right now, but for what it's worth if you like an FPS I don't see you being disappointed in a game like this. Maybe I'll pick this one up when it's like 66% off or get it on Gamefly, but this is DEFINITELY not a $50+ Day One purchase for me.

Funniest thing I heard said while playing: "When is this going to be on Steam?"

Well here's my impressions of the game..

Basically, it looks like EA has a winner on it's hands. Seems like it was worth all the ugly lawsuits and haggle to get those guys away from Infinity Ward to work for EA. The mix of mech and on foot combat makes a different yet familiar feel. I don't see myself investing a ton of time on this beta simply because I'm not in a twitchy FPS mood right now, but for what it's worth if you like an FPS I don't see you being disappointed in a game like this. Maybe I'll pick this one up when it's like 66% off or get it on Gamefly, but this is DEFINITELY not a $50+ Day One purchase for me.

Funniest thing I heard said while playing: "When is this going to be on Steam?"

I'm enjoying it too. It took me a few games to get the hang of it. I think it's cool that you can make your Titan go into AI mode to follow you or guard an objective. I'm not sure how I feel about all the AI controlled grunts and specters though. It feels weird to have this big budget next gen game and then limit the matches to 6 on 6. It feels like they are trying to mask the low player count by filling the game with AI controlled bullet sponges. I just had two games in a row where I was the highest scoring player on my team. The first game I got two kills on actual human controlled enemies and the second game I only had one. I was playing hard point and captured objectives to account for some of my score but still, something just doesn't seem right about that.

I will say that the game is very fast paced and fun even if you are mostly taking out AI controlled enemies that don't seem to even shoot at you. It does help turn around the frustration of a death streak when you run into a room with 3 grunts and take them all out like a badass. I don't want to sound overly negative because this game is fun and pretty original. I'm sure they will tweak the AI settings over time. I would just like to see the inevitable sequel fill the game with real people instead of AI bots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Beta now open to all on Xbox One, will be to PC users soon also.

Yeah, I got an Xbox beta code last night and I woke up this morning with a PC beta code too. I might try it out just to see if there is any difference.

Yeah, I got an Xbox beta code last night and I woke up this morning with a PC beta code too. I might try it out just to see if there is any difference.

I can't imagine there will be much besides a graphical tweak, and even that may not be fully represented in the beta. I doubt they sent out their super high graphics stuff in a beta download for PC.

PC versions are always going to be better as far as graphics and content. As far as content it will just depend on the game developer some games they will add more features and maps so forth for PC versions just depends on the game.

PC versions are always going to be better as far as graphics and content. As far as content it will just depend on the game developer some games they will add more features and maps so forth for PC versions just depends on the game.
Not always. Some companies are responsible for some really crappy PC ports when it's clear they focused only on the console version. I don't think TF will suffer this fate because it's such a major AAA release, but let's not act like the PC version is by default the greatest version.

I made it to level 14 which is the max for the beta. I'll probably stop playing it now because I want it to still feel fresh and exciting when the game officially launches next month. I found the Attrition (team deathmatch) mode to be a lot more fun than Hardpoint which I complained about earlier. In most online shooters I prefer an objective based mode to team deathmatch so I went to that right from the start. In that mode I found that I was just killing bullet sponge AI bots instead of people and Titans.

When I tried Attrition I found that people were running around more and the game was much more fast paced. I was seeing other real players much more often and taking out Titans. The game has lots of crazy moments and I found myself using the "Xbox Record That" command quite a few times. Before this beta I had never used that feature.

A couple friends came over Saturday night. We ordered Pizza, had a few beers, and took turns playing Titanfall. We had a great time. These guys both had 360s but mostly stuck to COD and Madden every year. Neither of them knew what Titanfall was before they came over but they are both going to get an Xbox One to play this game. I feel like my last post about this was overly negative and this one is overly positive. I still have some problems with it but I think this game is going to do very well and I think it is going to move Xbox Ones.

I was planning on renting from Gamefly or waiting for a better price but now that my friends will be playing it I will probably download Titanfall on day one. I'll be glad to actually have something I want to play on my Xbox. This "beta" was a very good marketing move by Microsoft and Respawn.

Now I'm wondering how long this franchise will remain an Xbox exclusive. If this game has the kind of success people think it will EA is going to be demanding some major money if Microsoft wants to keep the sequel off the PS4. This game might bridge some of the gap but the last sales report I heard said the PS4 outsold the Xbox 2 to 1 for the month of January. Unless Microsoft plunks down the big bucks to buy out the franchise EA is not going to want to give up all the potential PS4 sales. This might turn out similar to Mass Effect, where EA started bringing the sequels over to the PS3.

I don't think it was as much of a marketing move as it was a "We've had 2 horrible AAA multiplayer releases in a row so we'd better have our sh*t together" move. The free publicity was good as well, but it looks like they're trying new technology to pull off this multiplayer, so it's better to have a fire test beforehand as opposed to on launch day. Titanfall is going to be sold based on multiplayer, and to have that not work would be very bad.

Like I said I'll probably try this out (full version) someday, but not for a while. I have The Stick of Truth coming on March 4, so I won't have any free spots in my queue for a bit (God I hope that game doesn't suck.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)