To Mac Or Not to Mac?

Video on a Mac may be OK for the hobbyist but for the professional it is a tough way to make a profit, for many reasons. Too limited and too slow to begin with. PC's for video and photos and audio is much more flexible and faster to tget the job done.
But aside from that, if I were in your position I would sell the imac and buy two ipad's for you and your wife. The way you described your lifestyle, it seems you would get far more use from the ipads than a big imac, especially since you already have a PC. I don't hate Macs, I just prefer a tool that is better for my professional career. The best thing about Apple is (maybe was) it's growth and the money I made on it's stock. That more than made up for the losses I experienced with my FinalCutPro and my MacBook Pro investment.

Been a Mac user since the '80s in high school. Have had to use Windows for work for 17 years. Spent the last 10 of those 17 years working from home with a Windows laptop right next to my iMac and then my 1st and 2nd Macbook Pros. Windows is fine. Windows crashed a fair amount. I lost far too many parts of far too many reports/docs in Windows. My iMac crashed once in 6 years. My Macbooks have never crashed. I don't think I've ever lost a doc on my Macs.

Outlook on Windows was more useful for me than Outlook on Mac, however. The ability to sort/categorize tasks on Windows is superior to the Mac version.

I'm not a 'drink the "kool-aid" apple fanboy, but I vastly prefer macintosh to windows. At the same time, my Android phone, Honeycomb tablet and Logitech Revue (Google TV) meet my needs more than an iPhone, iPad or Apple TV.

To each their own, hope you enjoy your test drive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts