Today's 721 Bug

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Here's a weird thing that really upset the wife:

She tried to view an event that was listed, and protected, in the PVR List. However, when she selected it, the description said "0 Seconds", and when she chose "Start Over" it said that nothing was recorded!

She was quite upset, not only because it was one of her favorites, but because she had watched it many many times already, with no previous problem whatsoever!

Has this ever happened to anybody?

On a similar note, since the 721 is based on "Dish Linux", is it possible to read the 721 hdd with a Linux PC?

Had the same thing happen to me on my 921 a couple of days ago. I had ordered a hd pay per view and had a timer set for 12:00 pm for the movie " Eurotrip." It had a recording in my list and when I went to select it , it said NO recording 0 seconds. I was out a recording and the 5.99 pay per view . I called Dish and they made a note to the account to only charge me for one hd pay per view on "Eurotrip "and I ordered it again later at 9:00pm. The lesson is never order a pay per view unless it is an "All Day Ticket Event" and if you do order a hd pay per view, you better baby sit it and record while watching.

I like to call the "0 seconds recording" a 721/921 brain fart moment. :eek:

One thing about E* engineers, they will always find ways to screw up the software.

GaryPen said:
The difference with me, is that I know for sure that it originally recorded. My wife has watched it probably a dozen times already.

Sometimes you can reset the receiver with a hard reboot and the event will suddenly become playable again.

The only time I've had problems with recordings is when my signal gets lost... had a nasty T-Storm come through and knock out all but 6 minutes of my program.. which was rather unwatchable.

I have had that problem with newly recorded shows but not with shows that I've watched. It sounds like it's time for a new unit. I'm assuming that you never replaced the original unit.

Bob

stratguy said:
I have had that problem with newly recorded shows but not with shows that I've watched. It sounds like it's time for a new unit. I'm assuming that you never replaced the original unit.

Bob

Bob,

I had the same problem you had. Zero length show plus 30 second show. Did you have the unit replaced because of that?

Mark

markusian said:
Bob,

I had the same problem you had. Zero length show plus 30 second show. Did you have the unit replaced because of that?

Mark

It hasn't happened in quite a while so I'm assuming it was fixed with one of the SW upgrades, but no I didn't have to send it in and it only happened once or twice.

Bob

stratguy said:

Bob

Since it's only a month old, or less, and hasn't misbehaved too badly, I wasn't thinking about RMA'ing it...yet. Hey. Compared to my 811, it's bloody brilliant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)