Told My Configuration Was Not Supported With Hopper 3

surf123

Original poster
May 23, 2012
NC
I was told by a DIRT member that my desired configuration is not supported by the Hopper 3.

Current System:
(4) TV's ---> (2) Hoppers and (2) Joey's

Desired System:
(4) TV's ---> (1) Hopper 3, (2) regular Joey's, and (1) 4K Joey.

From DIRT:
<<<
Unfortunately I cannot set up the Hopper 3 configuration for your setup at this time and
we do not know when this type of installation will be possible. You can check back with us at a later date to see if this is possible.
>>>

Can this possibly be correct?

I only have one dish and am located near Washington DC, which given it's population would affect a lot of people. I looked at the thread you referenced and I've asked for a clarification on why not.

I only have one dish and am located near Washington DC, which given it's population would affect a lot of people. I looked at the thread you referenced and I've asked for a clarification on why not.
Good - I had the same questions here as many people in the Seattle area were told "no" as well. This isnt exactly a small town either.

My agent is reaching back out to you to verify your orbital locations.

He should be fine for an H3 since he has an H2 on EA. The only thing that should work but isn't very appealing is the (2) regular Joeys. Those should be (2) Joey 2's.

I'm no satellite expert but that sounds like if you don't have a low spot beam issue, it's at least something similiar. From what I've been reading, it sounds like there have been problems with the subscribers account showing something that isn't physically true - in other words, there is "low spot beam" in their account info that just is not true. At least that's what I'm reading.

Aaron Huber is from Portland Oregon:
?
I think there are really two problems - customers who are actually in one of those zip codes, and I'm guessing they may really be out of luck. Then there are customers like me who had some data in the system saying we needed multiple or larger dishes but that isn't actually the case. In my situation I talked to 5 different people at Dish, even retention saying get me a Hopper 3 now or I'll cancel and call DirecTV, and they could not figure out how to fix their system.

Eventually this is what they did:
  • Scheduled a tech visit for a dish relocate (told me they would charge $50 for it) and put notes on the work order to make sure to bring the Hopper 3 (was probably on the truck anyway)
  • Once the tech got here, he looked up at my dish, said that's stupid, and proceeded with my install. From listening to him on the phone what he did was mark the "relocate" work order done and call in a new work order for the upgrade, which went right through.
  • Install completed with no issues
  • Just now I chatted with Dish support and asked them to credit me for the $50 fee and they did immediately. I didn't pay anything for the upgrade.
If you are being told you can't get a Hopper 3 and you already have a 1000.2 (or you're confident one will work based on houses near you) then I wouldn't hesitate to do the same thing.
Aaron​

Here's my response:

My story is very similar, talked to multiple CSRs and DIRTs told it isn't possible, finally a DIRT setup an appointment for a site evaluation, the tech showed up today, determined a Hopper 3 install will work fine at my location suburb of Seattle WA (he said I have to call Dish to setup a separate appointment for the Hopper 3 install), I thought everything finally would be done, the CSR I contacted even saw the tech comments saying I'm eligible for a Hopper 3, but they get to the end of getting everything setup for the work order then it won't let them complete it saying I'm ineligible for a Hopper 3, I told the CSR I know, I've been through this multiple times and the tech who just visited cleared me for a Hopper 3 and the CSR said there is nothing they can do, even after going offline to talk to a supervisor, I said so your computer system knows more than a tech who was just at my property and CSR wouldn't budge UNBELIEVABLE!!!!, so I asked to speak to the supervisor. Your computer system knows more than a tech who was just at my property? Just unbelievable stupidity. Here's an example of some of the conversation with the original CSR and the supervisor today 2/6/2016 after the tech left with me trying to get a Hopper 3 install appointment due to the tech green lighting the install:

Ma. Kriselda (ID: DNG): Your installation is not possible because the equipment the Hopper 3 uses can only look at three satellites when paired with a side dish, and does not support the four satellites your installation requires
I told the CSR to call the tech that just left, gave the CSR the cell phone number and tech's name, the CSR refused. Just absolutely awful customer service.

chatAgent.png
Supervisor - Lawrence (ID: T7Z): Well, here's the deal, normally after a tech out, we send a field technician supervisor
chatAgent.png
Supervisor - Lawrence (ID: T7Z): he's going to give us a second opinion
chatAgent.png
Supervisor - Lawrence (ID: T7Z): As much as I wanted to set up a technician out, this will result into same situation so I have this one escalated to our Tech Ops Team.
chatEndUserMessage.png
Wayne Reibold: do i have an appointment tomorrow or not? you said you set it up so is it setup or not?
chatAgent.png
Supervisor - Lawrence (ID: T7Z): Unfortunately not.
chatAgent.png
Supervisor - Lawrence (ID: T7Z): I just had a word that it won't improve the situation since it is a known issue for customers located in low beam fill areas like South Hill WA
chatEndUserMessage.png
Wayne Reibold: so am I supposed to get a call from some tech ops team? or where is all of this headed?
chatAgent.png
Supervisor - Lawrence (ID: T7Z): It is highly possible that you may receive a call or email but I can't guarantee the time frame since they are checking on it as we speak
chatAgent.png
Supervisor - Lawrence (ID: T7Z): We're coming up with the best solution not just for you but for all people whose affected with this situation
chatAgent.png
Supervisor - Lawrence (ID: T7Z): and Imagine it's not possible without a help coming from a person named Wayne Reibold
chatAgent.png
Supervisor - Lawrence (ID: T7Z): you'll be like a hero in this
chatEndUserMessage.png
Wayne Reibold: you talked about a field tech supervisor coming out to assess my situation, is that happening or not??
Supervisor - Lawrence (ID: T7Z): That's is our protocol regardless if you asked me to do it or not. Meaning it's part of our Standard Operating Procedures to check every technicians work Supervisor - Lawrence (ID: T7Z): They could knock on your door though it's not always the case.
chatEndUserMessage.png
Wayne Reibold: here's my opinion: I think your computer system is WRONG for my account and that the tech who was just here is correct
Supervisor - Lawrence (ID: T7Z): You're talking to a supervisor who's been with Dish for couple of years
chatEndUserMessage.png
Wayne Reibold: who has not been at my home and not talked to the Dish tech who just left my home
Supervisor - Lawrence (ID: T7Z): I know you might not have faith in me but trust me, I've been with worse situation than this
chatEndUserMessage.png
Wayne Reibold: you're still discounting the tech's visit and conclusion and I have ZERO confidence I will get a follow-up on this
Supervisor - Lawrence (ID: T7Z): I'm sorry if you feel that way. We have left detailed notes on the account in regard to everything that we have discussed.

By the way I gave the supervisor the tech's name and cell phone number pleading to call him but he refused to call him. Forget logic.

He should be fine for an H3 since he has an H2 on EA. The only thing that should work but isn't very appealing is the (2) regular Joeys. Those should be (2) Joey 2's.

I don't see how they could hold me up as they can bring Joey 2's and take back my Joey 1's.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts