Transfer from Hopper w/sling to Hopper 3

bha19

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 31, 2008
usa
Tech just installed my Hopper 3 yesterday and said my EHD would not work for transfers since it was not a Dish HD. Luckily I had an ethernet cable ready. It took about 11 hours to transfer data over with no errors, but it said 98 of 122 recordings transfer. Is there a way to get the other recordings off the old hopper. There is one show I know that did not transfer that I hoped to save. When I go to dish anywhere on my computer I can see the other recordings under DVR so they are somewhere.

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
Tech just installed my Hopper 3 yesterday and said my EHD would not work for transfers since it was not a Dish HD. Luckily I had an ethernet cable ready. It took about 11 hours to transfer data over with no errors, but it said 98 of 122 recordings transfer. Is there a way to get the other recordings off the old hopper. There is one show I know that did not transfer that I hoped to save. When I go to dish anywhere on my computer I can see the other recordings under DVR so they are somewhere.
He lied about the EHD having to be a Dish EHD. Last time I checked, Dish doesn't make EHD's.

Delete the shows that did transfer and restart the process. The ones that didn't transfer are probably in the Trash tab and need to be restored. I think when you setup a transfer it says files not transferred will be deleted?? They go the to the Trash Tab

bha19

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 31, 2008
usa
The recordings that did not transfer also won't play on dish anywhere so why do they show up there? When I try to play them the player comes up but says 0minutes of 0minutes playback.

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Sounds like defective recordings. I come across a few of those now and again. Seems to me there was a period when a lot of that occurred.

Delete them IF you can.

bha19

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 31, 2008
usa
Before tech came I tried to plug in the EHD and Dish came up asking me to format the drive for transfer but I never did thinking the tech could do it. Anyhow unless it is doable now that the Hopper w/sling is disconnected I will not worry about it any more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts