dish voice remote Issue

Nebugeater

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Here is a problem a friend is having with a Dish Voice remote. I do not have one so I am not much help with this. Any suggestions or things to look for from those with experience?

From user.
I’m about to throw the dish voice remote for the bedroom tv! Only have had it a month or so and now it won’t control the volume nor will it turn the tv on or off! I’ve gone through the setting and it’s paired, but something is wrong. I called dish, at least a 30-minute wait! Not today!

Here is a problem a friend is having with a Dish Voice remote. I do not have one so I am not much help with this. Any suggestions or things to look for from those with experience?

From user.
I’m about to throw the dish voice remote for the bedroom tv! Only have had it a month or so and now it won’t control the volume nor will it turn the tv on or off! I’ve gone through the setting and it’s paired, but something is wrong. I called dish, at least a 30-minute wait! Not today!

Just because it is paired to a Hopper or Joey does not mean it's set up to control the TV.

One my remotes would not accept commands on my HWS. Called Dish about it and they sent a new at no cost. Paired the new one to HWS and works fine accepting commands.

Reactions: pattykay
My voice remote went stupide to my H3 the other day and had to do a battery pull reset. Never had that happen before. No low battery warning or anything like that.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Never got mine to work. Tossed it out. Just got an email today urging me to try it. Too late... :)

I never liked the voice remote controller. Now I am back to the original. The remote controller buttons are much better than using voice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I had my Hopper 3 installed the installer offered me a voice controller. I told him I had one already which I did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a Dish 40, Dish 52, and Dish 54 remotes all paired to both of my Hopper3 receivers. Initially I preferred the 40 Remote since I was familiar with it and it allowed easier operations since it had more buttons. I never liked the 52 remote.

But now I only use the 54 remote. It is backlit and once I learned how it works it is very easy to use. The key is to learn how to use it. Many complain about the lack of a power button to turn off the Hopper3 but I say “turn off” to turn off my Hopper3.

I also use the voice remote portion since the Hopper3 has Google Assistant. Through Google Assistant I can control 15 lights throughout my house. The Google search works for me at least 90% of the time. Google Assistant is also able to display my events on my calendar. Google Assistant is also fairly good at answering questions.

It works well but my Hopper3 has a fast internet connection (100 Mbps) and I linked my Google account to my Hopper3.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

For the backlight alone, all my remotes are 54.0. The voice function is handy for searching.

First rule for a remote is what device it is for. The TV remote doesn't do with the Hopper.

When I had my Hopper 3 installed the installer offered me a voice controller. I told him I had one already which I did.
When I got my replacement Wally, the installer saw that I already had a 54.3 remote. He offered to let me have the 52.0 remote, that came in the box with the "new" Wally, which I accepted. :biggrin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)