Dish 54 voice remote input button

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
Does this button work on Joey 3's? When I push this button (on the side of the remote), I get an error: "This is not an active feature". On the H3 itself, it's like half the recall button. This error happens on the J3 54 even after I push the TV button on the side. I need this button because my Vizio remote has crumped and I need to change inputs.

When in Satellite mode the Input Button on the side of the 54 remote does not work on a Joey3. You receive the message “This is not an Active Feature”

However, if you select TV mode by pressing the TV button on the side of the 54 remote, then the Input button on the side of the 54 remote can be used to change the inputs on your Visio TV.

Make sure that Limited Mode is turned off under the Remote Control Settings. When Limited Mode is on, the Input and Channel buttons are inoperable while your Dish remote is not in Sat mode.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
When in Satellite mode the Input Button on the side of the 54 remote does not work on a Joey3. You receive the message “This is not an Active Feature”

However, if you select TV mode by pressing the TV button on the side of the 54 remote, then the Input button on the side of the 54 remote can be used to change the inputs on your Visio TV.

Make sure that Limited Mode is turned off under the Remote Control Settings. When Limited Mode is on, the Input and Channel buttons are inoperable while your Dish remote is not in Sat mode.

Those same instructions work with my JVC TV as well...

Thank you dweber. How in heck was I supposed to intuit that? What good is Limited Mode anyhow?

Thank you dweber. How in heck was I supposed to intuit that? What good is Limited Mode anyhow?

Limited Mode was designed for people like my dad who was 96. He would accidentally get his remote off of Satellite mode and would get frustrated when he could not control his Dish. For most customers turning off limited mode so that they can control their TV and sound receiver is probably best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts