New Free Voice Remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I never received an email about a remote. So I thought I'd use the chat feature and ask about our remote. I was told I didn't qualify for a remote, no reason why, I ask, she said the system shows who gets one and and who don't. As I was about to end the chat, she said I could give her my credit card and buy it, then later it would be refunded. I thought that was weird, that's the same as sending one for free. I said never mind, I guess our thank you for being a Dish customer for years is having to buy one.

I never received an email about a remote. So I thought I'd use the chat feature and ask about our remote. I was told I didn't qualify for a remote, no reason why, I ask, she said the system shows who gets one and and who don't. As I was about to end the chat, she said I could give her my credit card and buy it, then later it would be refunded. I thought that was weird, that's the same as sending one for free. I said never mind, I guess our thank you for being a Dish customer for years is having to buy one.

Our systems identify which accounts already have a voice remote and which ones don't, the offer is available for those accounts that don't already have a voice remote (provided they also have a Hopper on the account). Our agents don't have the option to send them for free, it sounds like what they had proposed was to purchase the remote through the e-sales store then refund the amount to the account, as that's the only way our agents are able to send those out for free.

Reactions: dweber and TheKrell
I did a chat last week about the free remote and they said that i didnt qualify and that promotion was over. The next day they sent me a survey about the chat. I told them i was happy with the agent and the chat but not the results. The next day i got an email saying
Hello Dennis,
It is great to see that you are interested in getting one of our voice command remotes. I would love the opportunity to assist you with this. My name is Adriana with the DISH Survey Response Team.
Dennis, I would like to send you a voice remote absolutely free. In order to set up the order for the 54.0 remote, I would just need your shipping address. You can reply to this email with that information.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. My contact information is below for your use. Thank you for being the best part of DISH! Have a great day.

Adriana P. Account Support Advanced Rep
Survey Response Team | Hilliard, OH
9:00AM-5:30PM ET Tuesday-Saturday

So you threw the entire remote away because one button that has the least amount of impact on the entire thing didn't work??
I already had the original remote, which worked just fine. No need for a second "voice remote" that didn't work with voice...
Rather than waste money sending out gimick remotes, I'd prefer it if Dish invested elsewhere, like a modern user interface, accurate guide contents, or a guide search that worked.

I'd prefer it if Dish invested elsewhere, like a modern user interface, accurate guide contents, or a guide search that worked.

Hear hear. BTW - I much preferred the old menu system on VIP receivers to this waste-of-screen-real-estate called the Carbon User Interface. For years people were dissing that old VIP interface and demanding... Wait for it... A "modern user interface". And now we have one (the CUI) with stupid looking (but new) tiles, some of which are absent the channel logo, and which requires a visual hunt in two dimensions to find anything. Drives me crazy whenever I have to do something new.

And oh by the way, I no longer use my voice remotes because I refuse to log into my Google account. None of their GD business!

I got one of the free 54 remotes about 6 months ago and a couple more when we upgraded to the H3 system a few months ago. It hasn't grown on me. Even the millennial's in the house don't use them. They're sitting right next to the 40 remotes that everyone in the house likes.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)