Transponder help?

sunfire01

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
DFW, TEXAS
I have a new dish 1000 and my 129 signal ranges from upper 50's to lower 70's on transponder 30. When I change transponders I can sometimes get it up to 80's, should I change the transponders? I dont even know what they are and if I should mess with the default of 30? Someone help me out and how to tweak this thing.

Thanks, Jason

You can't change the TPs. Dish places the channels in the different TPs on each satellite. So if you want to watch a certain channel, the receiver looks for the satellite and the TP the channel is on and locks the signal. These are the TPs where the Voom channels are: 3, 11, 23, 30, 31. Espn2 and Universal are on 19. I don't know about your locals. Check those TPs and see if they are at least in the 70s.

On the other hand if you're experiencing signal loss you can call E* and tell them about the signal loss for 129 and they should send someone to repeak the D1000.
One more thing to add, everyone is getting low readings on 129. Best I've read is high 80s and some 90s but it all depends of your location.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)