Trouble Switching between C and Ku Channels on Openbox s10 with BSC621-2 lnb

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gsatnewb

Original poster
Jul 11, 2011
SW Ontario
I got my BSC621-2 lnb working with C and ku. I just ditched the old Viewsat Ultra for a shiny new Opensat s10. I have a 10 foot mesh dish with one coaxial cable running from the C output on the lnb to port 2 on my 4x1 diseqc switch, and one coaxial cable running from the Ku output on the lnb to port 3 on the diseqc switch. The single cable that comes out of the diseqc goes into my VBox dish positioner, and the cable that comes out of the VBox goes into the receiver.

Here's the problem: I have all the C Band satellites programmed now into the openbox, and the VBox moves back and forth flawlessly between each of these C band sats. When I try to get the KU sats programmed in so that the dish will automatically move to the selected sat, it does nothing. In fact, it will show next to no Intensity or Quality on the Openbox for the KU, but shows strong I and Q for the C band ones. I have 87 deg W (C band) listed as Position #3 on the Openbox. If I try to make 87 deg W (ku band) also as Position #3, it doesn't work. The Ku signal is there. If I don't set up any Ku sats as having a motor, I can receive ku. If I set the ku sats as having a motor, I lose their I and Q completely. Its as if I can do C only, or Ku only, but not both??

Do I need to wire this differently? Is there a setting on the Openbox I need to change. My BSC621-2 lnb does NOT have the jumper that allows you to combine the C and Ku signals. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!:)

There is a bug in the current firmware of those units which breaks disec switches and 22khz switches. If you bought your openbox from fridgeFTA they have a fix. Otherwise, so far I know of no fix although there is new firmware here I have not tested: About Us / News Center_Shenzhen Yojia Technology Co., Ltd.
Note: that is not the manufacturers version. This is a reseller too so use at your own risk if you test these versions. The latest S10 firmware here may have a fix. Not sure.

Okay, I actually just put the North American transponder list on but left the firmware the box came with on the box. I have to try updating the firmware. Does anyone know a link for reputable, or even the manufacturer's own firmware updates? Thanks.

Thanks johrr. This is the first time I have seen someone saying that there was a bug in the firmware. Mine didn't work but I was fortunate to have two coaxs running so I didn't have to use the 22kHz switch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts