This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Trouble with Dish Anywhere/DRA after updating Firefox?

Tony S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Hills of Eastern CT
I just upgraded Firefox from v21.0 to v22.0 and now I can no longer stream video to my Windows 7 computer (on my home network). Both Dish Anywhere and Dish Remote Access are no longer working. I can still stream video with IE and with my iPhone, so it appears that the 722K and the Sling adapter are working properly.

I tried removing and reinstalling the WebSlingPlayer plugin, but that did not help. Has anyone else had this problem with Firefox v22?

I just tried it and it locked up Firefox. Was working fine with 21.0. Is there a way to downgrade Firefox back to 21.0?

I am having an issue too... I keep getting told a new version of the plugin is available and to download and install it.

I download it and install it and it tells me there is a new plugin available. I have to use a different browser to watch.

I found and downloaded version 21.0 and installed it over the top of 22.0 and it worked. I'm back to 21 and DRA streaming is working again.

Thanks guys for responding! It am glad that it is not my system that is the problem.

I hope that the Dish or Mozilla team fixes this issue soon!

Where did you find the previous version of Firefox (21.0)?

Last edited:
Thanks. My FF says it will update with the next restart. Now I can roll it back
Thanks

No problem.

I hope somebody will post here when Firefox starts working right again with DRA and Dish Anywhere otherwise we'll be on V21 for a long time.

Waterfox 18.0.1 insists receiver is offline. Both for one HWS that is "off" but plugged in, and for the other, which is being watched.

I can confirm that Firefox v22 was the problem. After rolling back to v21, both Dish Anywhere and Dish Remote Access are now working again.

What is the best way to report this to Dish so that they can fix this issue?

We are aware of this issue and are working on a fix. We appreciate your patience.

Dish needs to fix this, not Mozilla?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Dish needs to fix this, not Mozilla?

Well...Mozilla changed something in v22 that made it incompatible with the Dish apps. Either Dish can change their software to comply with the change, or Mozilla can undo the change that was made. Bottom line...it is likely that either company can fix the issue. However, it might be easier for Dish to make the change rather than try to convince Mozilla to undo a change that they thought was necessary. The best thing would be for both companies to work together to find the best fix.

Somebody please post here when it's fixed so we can update our Firefox browsers again.

Any word on a fix for this yet from either Firefox or Dish?