dish anywhere

Bossmas4325

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2022
FLORIDA
hello id like why the apps not streaming channels from the hopper 3? most of the channels on app say Web streaming

I don’t know why DISH did that but my guess would be that they figured that the quality was better using the actual channels live stream rather than streaming it from your Hopper.

Reactions: charlesrshell
So from what I can tell the majority of channels are now web streaming only. Some channels such as locals and a few other are still streamed from the hopper.

Honestly you'd think it would be a better since you're streaming direct from the servers rather than relying on your hopper and home internet.

So from what I can tell the majority of channels are now web streaming only. Some channels such as locals and a few other are still streamed from the hopper.

Honestly you'd think it would be a better since you're streaming direct from the servers rather than relying on your hopper and home internet.
Yes indeed! When you are streaming from your Hopper you are locked into your home internet upload speed and that can be detrimental to the picture you see on your DishAnywhere device. When you are streaming from the server you will probably have a much better picture.

but you cant puase a rev or ff

Yes indeed! When you are streaming from your Hopper you are locked into your home internet upload speed and that can be detrimental to the picture you see on your DishAnywhere device. When you are streaming from the server you will probably have a much better picture.
Is it possible to elaborate on this further? Is this a certainty? This would be very important to me because I plan on moving to another state in which the house/area has traditional internet with upload speeds of 21-25mbs. I travel frequently and catch up on TV in my hotel/Airbnb. So if I choose a program in my guide that has the streaming symbol it will stream, not from my hopper, but from the source? DL speeds at most hotels/AirBnb's are usually pretty fast (at least 100Mb many times) so that would be great to know.
To counter that, if I wanted to watch a recorded show from my hopper and my home UL speed was slow, there would be the possibility of buffering. Does this sound correct?

Is it possible to elaborate on this further? Is this a certainty? This would be very important to me because I plan on moving to another state in which the house/area has traditional internet with upload speeds of 21-25mbs. I travel frequently and catch up on TV in my hotel/Airbnb. So if I choose a program in my guide that has the streaming symbol it will stream, not from my hopper, but from the source? DL speeds at most hotels/AirBnb's are usually pretty fast (at least 100Mb many times) so that would be great to know.
To counter that, if I wanted to watch a recorded show from my hopper and my home UL speed was slow, there would be the possibility of buffering. Does this sound correct?
That is correct.

Is the toggle on the settings page for dish anywhere? A nice thing about the network stream is multiple devices can stream simultaneously, but sometime id like the option to pause and skip back,
The toggle is near the top of the Guide page.

DAtoggle.jpg

Does that allow me to turn off the streaming? On my iPhone, I have the option to filter channels that are streaming, but I’m not seeing a setting to enable/disable. I will check on my fire sticks a bit later tonight.
No that just adds or removes streaming from your guide. There is no way to control what channels DISH will stream on DishAnywhere.