True Cost of Flex Pack?

kc1ih

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 25, 2006
When I chatted with a rep a month-or-so ago I was told the cost of the Flex Pack (without any additional channel packs) was $34.99. Since then I have seen ads in the paper for the Flex Pack for $39.99, and from the channel lineup shown in the ad it seems to include the Locals Pack. So which is it? Or does one require a new commitment and the other not?

It's $44.99 with one channel pack. If you sign up for eBill Auto Pay, we would provide you with a $5 discount for 24 months - bringing the price down to $39.99.

If you're an existing customer, this would not require a commitment and the discount does not automatically apply to the account. You would need to speak with an agent so we can apply it.

Reactions: theoak and Tampa8
It's called creative advertising, hard for most of us to decipher the details.

When I chatted with a rep a month-or-so ago I was told the cost of the Flex Pack (without any additional channel packs) was $34.99. Since then I have seen ads in the paper for the Flex Pack for $39.99, and from the channel lineup shown in the ad it seems to include the Locals Pack. So which is it? Or does one require a new commitment and the other not?

You came close to answering your question. DISH often markets the Flex Pack with the locals pack included for $39.99 which includes a $5 discount for autopay. You can get no packs for $29.99 including the $5 autopay discount assuming DISH is till giving that discount. Without the discount the prices are $44.99 or $34.99
Since the other packages include the locals they want it to be clearer what the comparable (with locals) cost is for Flex since many may not realize it does not include locals. Also just as you can get no packs you don't have to get the locals as the one pack.

Reactions: pattykay
It's $44.99 with one channel pack. If you sign up for eBill Auto Pay, we would provide you with a $5 discount for 24 months - bringing the price down to $39.99.

If you're an existing customer, this would not require a commitment and the discount does not automatically apply to the account. You would need to speak with an agent so we can apply it.

I'm already on autopay, so can I assume the discount would apply?

Once again SatelliteGuys saves me money! It is kind of lame I had to request it as I have been on autpay ... forever. Got it applied via Dish Chat. Thanks again! :yessign
That's a good thing! By your post I surmise that you've saved more than once from the information you learned here. Might I suggest that you show your appreciation by joining the Satellie Guys Pub. The money you invest here helps to keep the lights on for the entire website.

That's a good thing! By your post I surmise that you've saved more than once from the information you learned here. Might I suggest that you show your appreciation by joining the Satellie Guys Pub. The money you invest here helps to keep the lights on for the entire website.

Second that. Most of any problems in all these years I have encountered with DISH service or equipment ended up minimal and is directly attributable to the information obtained here. If DISH sent people here instead of their CSRS imagine how many more subscribers they would have...

Note that the autopay discount is only for 24 months, so I found out today. If I'm still alive two years from now I'll worry about it then!

Reactions: pattykay
Note that the autopay discount is only for 24 months, so I found out today. If I'm still alive two years from now I'll worry about it then!
That goes without saying, or it should be. Two year commitment, two year discount,,,,,

If Flex pack no commitment is needed. Other packages $10 discounts is 24 months with commitment.
You are correct that no commitment is needed for the autopay discount only. I will just add that if the OP also wants the two-year price lock, then a commitment would be required for the price lock.

You are correct that no commitment is needed for the autopay discount only. I will just add that if the OP also wants the two-year price lock, then a commitment would be required for the price lock.
Yes. Might have assumed the OP went for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)